PDA

View Full Version : Which inkjet dye sub paper do you use?

monsters
29-10-2009, 01:40 PM
Just taken delivery of my new mug press and was just about to order some paper from xpres but i thought i'd ask for your opinions here first.

Ive always been happy with the Inket 1000 stuff from xpres but I suppose that doesnt mean that their dye-sub paper is good also.

Any recommendations gratefully received.

Martin

AJLA
29-10-2009, 01:47 PM
I use the True pix, I have tried other papers including just normal Epson paper as recommended by a friend but always go back to this.
Some papers stick to various products and some can be more vibrant. Having experimented with 4 different papers, same image the True pix was my preferred choice

Paul
29-10-2009, 02:36 PM
I always use texprint.
but also I used a tesco cheap picture paper (not photo paper!)
http://direct.tesco.com/pi/Product/5/100-6665F.jpg

JSR
29-10-2009, 02:55 PM
I use either TexPrint (soft items) or TruPix (hard items).

I have used BMS Economy paper in the past. It's good for its price (shame they don't still sell the A3 stuff), but I do find that TruPix is better.

bms
29-10-2009, 07:59 PM
Would there be demand for the A3 economy paper? I believe we can get it, just don't get the call for it. The TruPix brand is a good all round paper imho.

Justin
29-10-2009, 08:06 PM
Xpres all the way for me. I've tried others but just can't get on with them.

Justin

accdave
29-10-2009, 08:26 PM
I try to use Texprint but it seems to be getting harder to find stockists. Currently using Trupix. I won't deviate because I have neither the time to experiment or the money to chance :D

JSR
29-10-2009, 10:00 PM
Would there be demand for the A3 economy paper? I believe we can get it, just don't get the call for it. The TruPix brand is a good all round paper imho.
I used up my last stock on a bulk coaster order awhile back (it worked out easier and quicker to do 9 to an A3 sheet than 4 to a Letter-size sheet). I wouldn't mind keeping a pack on the shelf, but I can't in all honesty say it'd be worth you stocking it just for me.

I try to use Texprint but it seems to be getting harder to find stockists. Currently using Trupix. I won't deviate because I have neither the time to experiment or the money to chance :D
TexPrint changed awhile back to TexPrint 'HR'. At first I couldn't get on with it (seemed never to dry) but it's good stuff. I tend to use it for fabric items and plates.

If you find yourself doing a lot of hard items, like coasters, you might like to give the BMS economy stuff a go. They sell it for a VAT-inclusive price of £22 for 200 sheets (cheaper if you're Rockerfella and can afford 5 packs!) while TruPix tends to be £16 (inc. VAT) for 100 so. For 200 sheets, it works out about a tenner cheaper. Great if you use a lot of it, it's not like paper grows on trees... http://illiweb.com/fa/i/smiles/icon_scratch.png