PDA

View Full Version : The cheapest t-shirts I can buy.

Dave271069
14-08-2013, 08:38 AM
I'm looking to purchase the cheapest t-shirts money can buy. I would be looking to buy approx 300-500 per month. I'm thinking along the lines of FOTL screenstars or similar.
Anyone know where I can get these at very cheap prices. Looking for reds, blacks, sky blues.
dave

Earl Smith
14-08-2013, 09:12 AM
FOL Origionals are the cheapest I know. Just dont wash them and expect them to stay in shape.

socialgiraffe
14-08-2013, 09:36 AM
BTC ACTIVEWEAR FOTL Valueweight White 97p
QTAG FOTL Valueweight White 99p (on 500+ orders)
RALAWISE FOTL Screen Stars Original White 97p on Carton Rate (120)

http://www.plainwhitetshirt.co.uk/ are advertising from as low as 88p but you need to email them

Sometimes Ralawise will do you a deal, you just have to email your rep. All the above prices are plus VAT and possibly delivery.

If you want consistency in terms of quality and reliability of stock then BTC or RALAWISE are your best bet (There is also PEN CARRIE but I do not know their prices). Might be worth contacting PAPINI (Advertiser on this forum), but I think their tees are better quality.

You could also try UNEEK CLOTHING

I also remember that there was a company that sold bulk damaged/seconds garments. I can not remember their name but the garments were about 60p each. In terms of damage it was normally a small hole or something that was not very visible. Not sure if they will be good enough for your client but might be worth a search on the web.

Dave271069
14-08-2013, 09:45 AM
Hi Simon, thanks for the iinfo the 200 tshirts I'm doing at the moment were bought by the client and they are seconds. The situation I'm in now is after a long conversation with him last night he has asked if I would be willing to continue printing for him at about 500 per month :biggrin: he also requested jigsaws, mugs key rings and anything suitable for the kids market. I'm going to have a good think about this one as its going to take a lot of my time up and the profits are not amazing but much more than I'm getting now.
Its a business changing decision one that can't be taken lightly but let's say I went to sleep last night with a big grin on my face.
mr bank manager coming this evening so lets see.
Dave

Earl Smith
14-08-2013, 09:45 AM
Ive just looked at my price list. I always thought the Origional was much cheaper but I am wrong. Value weight is the same price and a better quality. Cant find anything cheaper unless you could find a chinese supplier and buy in bales of 288 at a go.

mrs maggot
14-08-2013, 01:38 PM
if he is happy to have 2nds, then a trip to the FOTL factory shop might be the way to go, there is no mention of a weight of t shirt, but there are some bargains to be had on some of the lightweight t's

Ruth15234
03-09-2013, 06:46 AM
You should go with some expert

Joohlyauk
27-09-2013, 08:27 AM
Brookes are really good. The more you have the cheaper they get. P&P free when you spend a certain amount. Lots of different weights. Well worth a peek. Delivery is fast too.

tlworkwear
27-09-2013, 09:26 AM
@mrs maggot - I had no idea about the FOTL shop so thank you for the very handy lead, have emailed them for more info :)

@Joohlyauk - Just to let you know that most of the major suppliers can beat the prices brookes were showing on their website, I use BTC now and Ralawise previously and I can get a single FOTL or Gildan tee at a cheaper price than the 1000+ price Brookes were showing. It might be worth you checking out these suppliers if you havent already as you might find a better price :) Not trying to force anything on you, just trying to be helpful.

Joohlyauk
27-09-2013, 09:42 AM
arh! Thank you Mrs Maggot, that info is really brilliant. I have only bought 24 so far from Brookes and a value one. To be honest the quality isn't good. I will look up BTC immediately, thanks, Ju

socialgiraffe
27-09-2013, 11:43 AM
Ralawise have a better range IMHO and you can order pre2pm on a Sunday and receive it Monday.

tlworkwear
27-09-2013, 12:28 PM
Ralawise have a better range IMHO and you can order pre2pm on a Sunday and receive it Monday.

I agree but I have managed to secure a decent discount on the tees and hoodies that I order most regularly from BTC so hence why i am with them at the mo.

socialgiraffe
27-09-2013, 12:33 PM
Hi TKL

I agree, BTC do give better prices but when I opened the account with Ralawise I told them that I want carton rate on everything I purchase, they agreed immediately so always worth a shot in asking.

I am not a big purchaser of clothing (about £200-300 per month) so its not as if I had much bargaining power.

S>

tlworkwear
27-09-2013, 12:35 PM
Same here, I get carton rate from Ralawise already but BTC offered carton rate + a discount lol so I'm not gonna say no to that. If its something I don't usually stock then I will normally go with Rala as their choice is better and carton rate is slightly less as well.

socialgiraffe
27-09-2013, 01:01 PM
BTC offered carton rate + a discount

lucky so and so :tongue:

tlworkwear
27-09-2013, 01:15 PM
lucky so and so :tongue:

lol, I suppose a few % is better than none! Now just need the orders to take advantage of the discount!