PDA

View Full Version : Where do I find a press pillow

Tryweryn
22-08-2013, 01:30 AM
Cant see them anywhere....where can I buy one?:confused:

Tryweryn
22-08-2013, 01:37 AM
ok found a place....but is everyone using one to stop the press leaveing its outline on the garment?

purpledragon
22-08-2013, 09:26 AM
the outline is an age old problem that no one has found a cure for as yet one theory is if you tear around the image rather than cut this helps but doesnt illiminate it totally try a little less pressure if its really bad but apart from that your're in the same boat as everyone here

Tryweryn
22-08-2013, 11:19 AM
The ripping worked....just the square press mark now

purpledragon
22-08-2013, 10:02 PM
Bigger press?

socialgiraffe
23-08-2013, 01:12 AM
Bigger press?

That's how I solved it, problem is another square started appearing, bit larger than the first one but still there :smile:

On a more serious note, there are a few things you can try but in general it will be there until the first wash.

Try easing up the pressure.
As soon as you have pressed it, removed the transfer paper and then stretch the garment top and bottom

Both of these reduce the crease but will not remove it entirely.

If the above is still not good enough then you will need to repress the entire garment, or iron it.

JMugs
23-08-2013, 08:21 AM
So press pillows don't work?

Janners.

socialgiraffe
23-08-2013, 10:33 AM
Hi Janners

I must admit I have never used one for creases as I can not see how they would be able to remove the crease due to the amount of pressure needed. Having said that I could be talking absolute rubbish (as usual :smile:) so do not take only my word for it.