PDA

View Full Version : Cutting printed edible paper witha Cameo

Steamy
25-08-2013, 09:06 PM
Hi, does anyone know if you can cut printed edible paper with the cameo? I was on a site (forget which one) where they stated that there cameo's had been modified to cut edible paper. I don't know anything about these cutters but wouldn't you just adjust the blade and or pressure? Or should I stay with my sicissors ha?

Cheers

Geoff

Ali P
25-08-2013, 09:55 PM
Not used myself but I see BMS (printerowners.co.uk) sell a different "modified" cameo cutter for edibles paper...worth a look

Steamy
26-08-2013, 12:36 PM
Thanks Ali P. That must be the site I saw it on, I just don't understand what the difference is between edible paper and ordinary paper or card.

bms
26-08-2013, 01:23 PM
Thanks Ali P. That must be the site I saw it on, I just don't understand what the difference is between edible paper and ordinary paper or card.

Card and paper you can put in the carrier mat as it sticks in place. You could do the same with edible paper but then you'd have some glue residue stuck to the back and I wouldn't want to eat that (or sell it as an edible product). If you don't use a carrier mat then the blade will go straight through onto the cutting mat and blunt the blade. The modified Cameo has a soft landing mat fitted so this doesn't happen when your cutting straight through edible papers.

Steamy
26-08-2013, 07:09 PM
Thanks a lot BMS, You have explained the mistry really well please forgive my ignorance.

Geoff