PDA

View Full Version : Cutter/Plotter Help Required Please ( before I launch it out the window :-/

PersonalizedGiftz
26-08-2013, 10:45 PM
I have a redsail cutter/plotter .. used it a handful of times and still trying to get to grips with it .. Have come to use it this evening .. done the text i want using sign blazer 6 basic.
Testing it with the pen make sure i dont waste the vinyl .. it starts ok then within seconds it stops and the offline light keeps flickering ... any ideas please

Thanks

mrs maggot
26-08-2013, 11:23 PM
the design maybe too big for the memory, try using something very very simple like a box, and clear the memory - i would shut programme down and turn back on again and check my cable is good and tight

PersonalizedGiftz
26-08-2013, 11:58 PM
Think im gonna go to bed and look at it with fresh eyes tomoz. It worked perfectly a few days ago .. today its driving me potty!! Its pushing the paper out too far, think i need to get some bigger bits of vinyl too. One minute it works ok on a small name then it dosnt work it really is driving me insane .. i thought machine embroidery was hard sometime !! Think i should just stick to this.

RogerC
27-08-2013, 11:45 AM
If it's pushing the paper out too far there's possibly a setting in the menu that tells the machine how to 'handle' the paper. If you can't find it a trick (which works with my Graphtec) is to release the rollers and reset the paper/vinyl. It means slowing production down by doing this but does overcome the problem and best of all stops waste.

Good luck.