PDA

View Full Version : multi million pound yacht

Dave271069
28-08-2013, 10:22 PM
Hi guys.
Ive been invited to attend/tender or what ever you want to call it on a very big rich yacht around cardiff bay. The owner has asked me what I can do for his companies in ways of advertising and promotional material like tshirts mugs keyrings etc .the yacht is used to carry rich business men etc around the bay for meetings at £2000 per day. What I would like to know is what should I offer? Dont want tack but am I missing the boat so to speak as what I could do for this company. If I get it right it could lead to some positive business.
Any suggestions. ?

Justin
28-08-2013, 10:48 PM
Plastic everything! Polymer mugs ;-) Some nice kit bags with vinyl prints on.

socialgiraffe
28-08-2013, 10:59 PM
It only has to be polymer if they are boating people and it is something for their boat. If it is only used as a meeting venue then they could be anything.

Dave, I would suggest you need a bit more information. For example, are the meetings held there for a specific industry or is it a case that anyone can hire the yacht for a meeting. You may want to consider travel items such as travel mugs if they are sales people or useful items for traveling abroad such as kit bags as Justin suggested.

Small and useful is the key here

RogerC
28-08-2013, 11:02 PM
I would suggest you consider..'quality' first and foremost and top quality at that as the owner has an image to project. The best t shirts, the best coasters, quality key rings etc etc something that clients 'might' find a use for once the meeting is over. I know I said t shirts although I would doubt anyone in that 'price range' would really be interested in
't shirts'. If these people are chartering a gin palace of a yacht at £2g's a day they won't be wanting just any old thing. Just my 2d worth......it's a bit of a toughie to sort through.

pisquee
28-08-2013, 11:16 PM
If you can get the glass tumblers (sometimes sold as whisky glass) to print well without cracking then these are good as a high quality item.

pisquee
29-08-2013, 12:07 AM
Possibly iPad cases - the nice, more expensive ones

Dave271069
29-08-2013, 12:10 AM
Thanks all, good ideas
im on holiday at moment and will look at the usual sites and place some sample orders. But I can say one thing, I'm looking forward to my trip on board to meet the boss on the yacht.

socialgiraffe
29-08-2013, 12:15 AM
best call him "Captain" if you want to stay in his good books

Earl Smith
29-08-2013, 01:35 PM
Here is a company I use for all my special needs. http://www.mister-ad.de/index.php/loesungsheft
Sorry , its only in German because thats where I live. But have a look through and maybe you can get some ideas of what is possible.

swimwivsquid
31-08-2013, 10:49 PM
Bottle Koozies with their logo etc on that they can give away.