PDA

View Full Version : The Secabo Heat Press

Steamy
12-09-2013, 03:43 PM
Hi

Has anyone had any experience of the Secabo heat press as supplied by MDP? I would really appreciate some advice on this I am looking at their Secabo TC5 38 x 38cm model it looks a well built press. I would have prefered a swing press but the only ones I could afford are the common or garden Chinese ones.

Cheers

Geoff

Justin
12-09-2013, 09:25 PM
Excellent presses by all accounts although I've never owned one, hopefully you'll hear from someone who has.

s31teg
13-09-2013, 08:54 AM
I have a TS7 that i got at fespa

To be honest i would never buy another.

I have had to get a new controller as the time was 10% too fast and its terribly slow at heating up and just as bad at keeping 200oC (drifts 25degrees in full production)

This is just my opinion hope others have had better results.

socialgiraffe
13-09-2013, 09:12 AM
(drifts 25degrees in full production)

WOW, that is woeful.

I have not had a Secabo, but these look identical in they way they are made to many of the Chinese versions available. I tested one recently and managed to break it. One of the bolts severed which rendered the machine useless. It may have been because China uses a cheaper grade of steel so it is not fair to say steer clear, but I think it is worth mentioning.

Personally, having now owned loads of presses over the years, I can honestly say that there is a very good reason why Adkins are more money.

s31teg
13-09-2013, 09:28 AM
It is a shame as the overall built is of good quality.

I have cheap chinese presses that perform allot better and are lighting fast to heat up and keep a solid temp, so when i'm trying to achieve pantone color this is not possible on the secabo.

I wish I had just sent it back in the first 30days but I held out 60days for a new controller,and yes the time is fixed but the temp is shocking.

The only good thing I can say is i got it for a good price, but then saying that i would of preferred to do more shopping around to get one that just works how it should.

Steamy
13-09-2013, 09:29 AM
Hi everyone
Thanks very much for taking the time and trouble to reply. so I guess its back to the drawing board Doh.

Cheers Geoff

Steamy
13-09-2013, 10:04 AM
Incidently s31teg where did you get your Chinese one from?
Geoff

s31teg
13-09-2013, 11:41 AM
These are just eBay specials

I actually picked them up from this seller when i was at the NEC

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UKPRESS-RANGE-NEW-CLAM-HEAT-PRESS-FOR-TSHIRT-PRESSING-WITH-1-YEAR-RTB-WARRANTY-/300745212429?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4605cfc20d

ISub-Paul
19-09-2013, 05:16 PM
We've been selling the Secabo presses now for a couple of years and I have to say they have been excellent. We also sell Stahls and Adkins presses and they have been as reliable as these well known brands. The build quality is excellent, the controllers are easy to use and the tests I personally ran on consistency of heat across the heat plate have been good. The heat up time is comparable with that of the Stahls Maxx or Adkins Beta maxi presses.

Only issue we've ever had was a couple of blown fuses on the earlier models and damage in transit by UK couriers in the early days, but Secabo addressed this by beefing up the packaging internally and externally and this has resolved the issue.

If you want more details let me know.

Steamy
19-09-2013, 07:04 PM
Thanks for that Isub, very informative. Il check out your website.

Cheers

Geoff