PDA

View Full Version : Versacamm vp 300 ?

JMugs
20-09-2013, 09:06 AM
Wasn't on my list of wanted items, but may have the opportunity to buy one. Low hours as it has been a second business.
Now how the heck do I value it!
And the really stupid question..... Is it useful? That really is more of a rhetorical question.
Janners.

s31teg
20-09-2013, 11:38 AM
I have a sp-540i, personally i would say the vp300 is very small.

Amazing machine if you have the work for it, pays for its self easily

JMugs
20-09-2013, 11:44 AM
Hi s31teg
The work is the concern. It is not a route I was planning on going down, but as the opportunity is present it is something I need to investigate. My initial thought was "Not for me", but I'll investigate the opportunities before I dismiss it completely.

Cheers
Janners

socialgiraffe
20-09-2013, 12:43 PM
Superb machines and built like tanks

I would suspect the most popular item on a machine that size would be kiss cut stickers. Cheap as chips to produce and a good mark up on them. Can also do transfers for garments etc so always good as a back up. plus canvas, banner vinyl and a bucket load of other materials (see Grafityp for the various media available).

Value wise is difficult as machines are constantly being updated etc. and also depends on how much you really want it :-)

I used to have a 300i which I loved until my ex business partner scum nicked it. I now have a VS500 configured for white and metallic which more than earns its money even though I think that it is not being worked hard enough. If I were to work out numbers I think it runs about 40-50% of a working day.

JMugs
20-09-2013, 12:55 PM
Hmmm,, and more hmmmm.

JMugs
21-09-2013, 12:28 AM
As per other post probably not for me..... now been offered a epson 9900 for the wife's photography business.... I offered £500 and ducked...Steal for deal or no deal....although for that juicy baby I may move somewhat!

Janners