PDA

View Full Version : Print on 100 Cotton T-shirts(Black/White)

newbi
24-09-2013, 10:27 AM
Hi All,
Recently I have purchased Ricoh A4 SG3110DN Sublimation Printer along with Flat Bed Heat Press. But now I want to print 100 cotton T-shirts(Black & White). Can I print with that Printer or I need different printer or I need different material to print. Totally confused. Lots of people giving lots of ideas, totally confused. Could you guys help me for that please? Thanks

tlworkwear
24-09-2013, 11:35 AM
Sublimation is for polyester only I'm afraid. For cotton tees you will need either a laserjet or inkjet printer and the corresponding transfer papers if you are looking for full colour or detailed work. For simpler designs & text then you can use vinyl but would need a vinyl cutter. I can understand your confusion but the best way to remember is that sublimation is purely for polyester.

newbi
24-09-2013, 11:45 AM
Thanks @tlworkwear (http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum/member.php?3604-tlworkwear) for your quick reply. It ll help me. How much the laser or inkjet printer with ink? Any suggestion about model? Do I need cutter for that? Can I use my heat press? I feel like stupid but cant stop myself to ask,sorry. I am planning to print more then 400 white and 100 black t-shirts all are cotton.
Thanks again.

jools
24-09-2013, 12:01 PM
For that quantity you would probably be better to get them screen printed or dtg

newbi
24-09-2013, 12:07 PM
Do you any company name in your mind ?? Must be reliable.Thanks

tlworkwear
24-09-2013, 12:30 PM
I would be looking at screenprinting at those quantities in all honesty. Im sure there are a few on here or someone knows of a reliable trade printer.

GoldRapt
24-09-2013, 03:58 PM
Do you any company name in your mind ?? Must be reliable.Thanks

It depends where you are bud.

mrs maggot
25-09-2013, 11:05 AM
depending on the design, i could also see it being done in vinyl, a few of the bands i print for have done reasonable sized orders for their summer gigs, and i just set aside time for weeding, and then get into the zone with pressing, 80T's in one design earlier in the month, i did find it a little like counting sheep though lol

tlworkwear
25-09-2013, 11:23 AM
depending on the design, i could also see it being done in vinyl, a few of the bands i print for have done reasonable sized orders for their summer gigs, and i just set aside time for weeding, and then get into the zone with pressing, 80T's in one design earlier in the month, i did find it a little like counting sheep though lol

Agreed, I've done a few orders but normally limit it to anything up to 100, above that then it just makes more sense to get it screen printed. And its very design dependant lol, made the mistake once of trying to weed a ridiculous design for 60 tops and it took me forever haha!

mrs maggot
25-09-2013, 03:04 PM
i have a company i use for screen work in Lincoln, so far this year i have only had one order to give them, the rest we have covered from here