PDA

View Full Version : Heat Press problems

GoldRapt
30-09-2013, 08:14 PM
Hi All,
I own a Geo Knight Jetpress 14.

I have been pressing recently with Jet Soft Pro Stretch papers but every time I use the press with this paper I get problems with the paper not peeling off in one and residue being left behind in some places on a white shirt, although not always in the same place, some of you may have read about it in the Yoly V express v etc etc thread.

I appreciate that part of the problem will be me but I have been doing some research and find that the temp gauge (looks like a little compass) regularly breaks down for others.

I did find a possible answer with a chap in the states who says he placed a digital oven thermometer on top of his JP12 in place of the temp gauge.
Presumably because that cost £20 and the proper kit, a pyrometer cost £125+.

He didn't explain how he attached the probe securely and permanently or how he got around the heat difference between the top of the press and the actual platen but maybe someone else has done it and knows.

Does anyone else own a JP14 and has had the same problems as me please? If so can you talk me through what you did to resolve the problem?

I do intend in the future to buy a larger press with a bigger platen size and keep this one as a back up but I need to get it working to my satisfaction first.
Regards
Tony

Justin
30-09-2013, 10:36 PM
Is it possible the press isn't heavy enough? I know most transfer papers need quite a heavy pressure.

GoldRapt
01-10-2013, 10:24 AM
Good question, the pressure is tightened down as far as my puny strength allows but you are right, I will re check.

GoldRapt
02-10-2013, 05:50 PM
No one else own the same press?