PDA

View Full Version : Sublimation or Printing on Memory Sticks?

jaffacat
26-05-2010, 09:27 PM
Hi
Ive been asked if I can print on memory sticks - anyone know if you can buy them to sub on? If not can anyone recomend anyone that prints on them?

Thanks Lisa

bms
26-05-2010, 09:56 PM
Sublimation isn't possible. I think there are some members who do pad printing which may be an option. Are you looking for lots?

jaffacat
26-05-2010, 10:54 PM
Thanks Martin, havent been given the exact details of requirements as I didnt think I would be able to sub them. Prob be looking for prices on 25,50,75 and 100 also not sure what size they would come in so again a range of prices so I can take them back to the guy who asked and get his thoughts - he just started a business and wants these for the employees who go out training so may start of with 25 and get more at a later date or depending on price he may buy larger quantaties.

Cheers Lisa

Andrew
27-05-2010, 12:01 AM
Doming could work well for usb's. Setting a plate up for a pad print on a quantity of 25 would work out quite costly. You could always use vinyl as a cheap alternative.

jaffacat
27-05-2010, 07:45 AM
so vinyl and heat press them do you mean? If so which sort of vinyl? Wouldn't the heat melt the memory stick?

At what quantity would setting a pad up work out reasonable as I could put it to the guy and see what he says

Thanks lisa

Andrew
27-05-2010, 10:22 AM
Engraving is another regular option. Probably more cost effective than pad.

Vinyl is the exterior sign type and not heat transfer stuff. Easy to use just probably limited on detail with such a small area.

TransferGraeme
27-05-2010, 10:39 AM
Another alternative would be to dye-sub onto our self-adhesive "Mates" material and fix that onto the stick.

jaffacat
27-05-2010, 10:58 AM
what is the "mates" option - do you have more info or can you email me link if you know where they sell it?

engraving is a good idea, would need to see if I could get silver version as I could do that otherwise if they were white wouldnt be able to see the writing very well & he wants it to promote his buiness.

thanks for the ideas, they have been a great help

bms
27-05-2010, 05:53 PM
If you want to stick something to the outside then there's laser printable vinyl as well as white sublimation sticker. If you have a robo cutter then the laser vinyl works good and you can set cut lines to cut out a shape of the sticker. Or the sublimation sticker works well but you'll just use a straight edge cutter to cut out the shape.