PDA

View Full Version : 5 way mug press

Jason
03-10-2013, 08:31 PM
Anybody got the 5 way mug press sold on ebay for about £339, seem to be doing more and more mugs and wondered if this was any good. Also noticed what appears to be the same press being sold by Coralgraph for over £3k.

Justin
03-10-2013, 08:52 PM
I've had one, and returned it. In a word 'crap' :-( others tell me the same. The CG one isn't that much on eBay its just something companies do to keep ads running. Way better off with seperate presses, even if its several cheap Chinese presses. I run 2 cheap presses and 2 Adkins studios.

James990
04-10-2013, 01:26 PM
I echo what Justin says. Find it much easier and better to run a couple of presses rather than trying to use the 5 way one!

socialgiraffe
04-10-2013, 02:23 PM
I use the 5 at a time from HeatpressesUK.

Machine is about 10 years old now and still going strong.

JMugs
04-10-2013, 02:24 PM
I agree also. If one fails the others are still working, buy a five mug press and the timer goes.... you are stuffed!

The other thing is that my presses respond slightly differently, one brings mugs up to temperature very quickly, but as they are independently controlled it makes no difference, good prints on each press every time.

Hope that helps.

Janners

Social I think draws your attention to you get what you pay for, I have heard others say that is a good set of presses.

Justin
04-10-2013, 05:22 PM
I'd forgotten about this one Simon :-) not for me personally but it is a good press. Very expensive but 5% discount for Premium members :-)

socialgiraffe
04-10-2013, 05:53 PM
Very expensive

Come back to me in 10 years time with your two "cheapies" and say that :tongue:

To be fair, when I purchased this machine it was the only one on the market.

Justin
04-10-2013, 05:55 PM
Cheapies already into their fifth year and as for Adkins, well they speak for themselves :-) I've still only spent half of that press! Lol. My only concern with the UK press is that I've seen no evidence it differs to similar Chinese models. Having met the suppliers I'm told its complelety re-engineered though.

socialgiraffe
04-10-2013, 06:26 PM
Jason, have you thought about the Mug oven from Serigraph?

Looks pretty good and from what I understand Serigraph are a good company. I think it retails at about 800 euros

Justin
04-10-2013, 06:29 PM
Serigraf also do a four head machine, I tried to buy one earlier this year along with a mug cooler but was told they were changing manufacturers but it appears never to have happened. Subsequent emails have been ignored so hopefully we can hear from someone who's manned to buy from them! Lol

socialgiraffe
04-10-2013, 06:33 PM
along with a mug cooler

What the hell is one of those!!!!!

Justin
04-10-2013, 06:35 PM
Looks like your mug warmer but had big fans on it! Lol.

Jason
05-10-2013, 05:25 PM
I've never heard of Serigraf, just checked their site they have some good stuff, shame they don't have prices on the site. I don't have the demand to justify an oven at the moment, but I think I will go for a mug press capable of doing different shaped mugs this time round.

socialgiraffe
05-10-2013, 06:12 PM
Hi Jason

I have never dealt with Serigraf but by all accounts their machines are good quality (made in France I think) and they are a pretty decent company to deal with. I know that the mug oven is 600 Euros (or was in April 2012) and the wraps for a standard mug are 24 euros each. As a UK VAT registered business you would not have to pay Irish VAT if you purchased from them. I think that is a pretty reasonable price so I have no doubt other machines from them will be decent prices also.

If you want prices on other stuff email them as they are pretty quick in responding. My email regarding the mug oven was sent at 09.38 and they responded at 10.46.

Justin
05-10-2013, 08:36 PM
Is be interested to find out more regarding their manufacturer relationship, like I say, last I heard they were changing all presses but nothings changed, I'll see what I can find out.

socialgiraffe
05-10-2013, 09:14 PM
I thought they were adding to the range and not actually changing, but then again what do I know :-)

Miteamshirts
23-03-2014, 07:53 PM
We can supply replacement timers and temperature control units for most 5-in-1 mugs heat presses.

Contact us through our website at http://myteamshirts.co.uk

All we need is a photo of your existing unit.

Justin
23-03-2014, 07:56 PM
Great first post, raking up an old thread and advertising?