PDA

View Full Version : Nylon gym bags

harlequeen
11-10-2013, 09:46 PM
Hi

Does anyone now how this is done on nylon gym bags. I haven't tried this but I thought I would only be able to do vinyl onto these bags. Does this mean that they can be sublimated?1995I don't have a white printer so this doesn't seem possible for me.

Any comments would be appreciated

neilb
11-10-2013, 10:42 PM
I'd think it would be print and cut.

RogerC
11-10-2013, 11:29 PM
Probably something like Siser C Print PU (eco solvent printed on something like a versacamm) which is nice and thin and stretchy so it doesn't crack and recovers it's shape would be the thing to use.

socialgiraffe
12-10-2013, 12:47 PM
I have done bucket loads of these in the past. I purchased the bags from BTC @ 65p each and used print and cut to produce full colour transfers using the method as said by Roger. Only other point to make is that the transfer material does not have to be stretchy as the bags are polyester so does not stretch itself.

You could probably dye sub the white ones quite easily

harlequeen
12-10-2013, 03:01 PM
Hi

Thanks for the info, I don't have a versacamm or any means to print onto vinyl at the mo. I might have a look around to see what it all requires and costs.

Cheers

Harlequeen

socialgiraffe
13-10-2013, 04:36 AM
You could try some of the two part laser transfers such as WOW from TMT, they will probably adhere and do what you want.

RogerC
13-10-2013, 03:48 PM
Hi

Thanks for the info, I don't have a versacamm or any means to print onto vinyl at the mo. I might have a look around to see what it all requires and costs.

Cheers

Harlequeen

If you're interested I might be able to help producing transfers for you. Drop me a pm if you are.

smo
16-10-2013, 07:55 PM
Just watch out for the nylon and polyester ones - polyester will take the heat, nylon will melt....

Paul
16-10-2013, 08:58 PM
Just watch out for the nylon and polyester ones - polyester will take the heat, nylon will melt....NYLON Melting Point: 420°F 216°C
:confused:

P4UL
17-10-2013, 06:40 AM
I have printed these nylon (bagbase) bags with regular garment flex. Can't see what the problem is with printing the image in question. I have also tried nylon specific flex.
Think you should crack on and give it a go with vinyl :)