PDA

View Full Version : Rhinestones

Tania
17-10-2013, 04:36 PM
I am interested in creating my own templates for Rhinestones, I have had a good look around the forum and web but can't find clear information as to what equipment I need to buy
this is completely new to me. Thank you.

Dave271069
17-10-2013, 05:21 PM
Check out the silhouette cameo cutter, it comes with software and if you upgrade I believe you get the rhinestone package.

Tania
17-10-2013, 07:26 PM
Check out the silhouette cameo cutter, it comes with software and if you upgrade I believe you get the rhinestone package.

Thank you, where would you recommend I get one? When I watched some of the u tube videos they showed the template with little indents for the stones to sit in, is
this was the Cameo Cutter does? Is there a general guide for what size stone you use for what?

Thanks for your help.

Dave271069
17-10-2013, 07:42 PM
http://www.mdpsupplies.co.uk/silhouette-cameo.asp

you could try these, i dont personally make rhinestones but i do buy them in all ready made from http://www.thetransferpress.co.uk/acatalog/rhinestone-overview.html

Paul
17-10-2013, 07:47 PM
Hi Tania!
Cameo will be fantastic and big enough to do the job.
All you need to do now is to make sure you get upgraded version of software so you can make rhinestones designs.
you can also buy some corel macros. Is up to you what software you want to use.

I think MDP supplies has the cheapest atm but you are premium member so shop around and you may find one cheaper with our suppliers.
You will also need template material. You can watch one of my videos to se how to make it by yourself ;)

most popular size for stones is ss10 (3mm) but i used ss6 (2mm) with great effect. but ss10 are the easiest to work with ;)

Tania
17-10-2013, 09:59 PM
Thanks very much for all your help.

Thank you.

viccar
19-10-2013, 01:16 PM
create and craft tv have specials on now and then and have interest free flexi pay where you can pay in 3 or 4 monthly instalments.