PDA

View Full Version : Disable Magic Mouse 'Gestures' in Windows.

NikGrey
18-10-2013, 08:04 PM
I am having to use Windows 7 on my iMac because the software for my little business venture requires it (I am not buying it all again for my beloved Mac).

The Magic Mouse is lovely BUT its so sensitive it keeps changing things behind my back (I just didn't notice it) - ok, this is more of an annoyance than anything but I am trying to fix the things which slow me down from getting things done (The Mac is great, since I moved to it I could get everything done in my former occupations rather than spending my time fixing Windoze first).

I have been searching but cannot find the answer:

How do you disable Magic Mouse Gestures in Windows, on a Mac in Bootcamp ?

Justin
18-10-2013, 10:28 PM
How do you find Bootcamp Nik? I run Parallels but not impressed.......sorry, I don't want to stray off topic, interested to know the answer to your question :-)

Paul
18-10-2013, 10:50 PM
i use both :)
bootcamp is much better as is run as normal windows machine.

i dont know how to disable magic mouse as i ditch that in first few days of using it :) this is the crap mouse i ever had. wrist was killing me :)

NikGrey
18-10-2013, 11:39 PM
I love the Magic mouse, if I had to go back to a standard one (Might have to) I would use a Saitek laptop Mouse as I used a genuine one of those for years - It's now being used for my CCTV Dvr as its a feature in my main room - well, a screen with the camera's displaying and that White Mouse that is.. not the actual machine.

I have only used Bootcamp, This was a godsend to me (Paul knows I started trying to use a PC, and was having problems) - it means I can use Windows but on proper hardware so less problems.

When starting you hold the Alt key after the 'Bonggggggg' and you get a choice of disks to start from (Windows or OS - just partitions), I don't think I could have gotten as far as I have if I had to endure a PC for all of this.

I think I am going to have to see if there is a wireless version of the mouse I like.

s31teg
19-10-2013, 10:29 AM
You should use vmware like i do or parallels.

You can then run them at the same time, no need for restarts etc