PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning heat press top platen?

Kaz
27-05-2010, 04:56 PM
How do you guys keep them clean?

I've just ruined half a dozen tees as the previous image is "seeping" onto the new tee from the platen :(

I've tried cleaning with warm soapy water, and it's still doing it :(

Any ideas are much appreciated.

bms
27-05-2010, 04:58 PM
Always consider using the silicon sheets to act as a barrier between the heat platen and the garment below to stop any cross contamination. Cleaning is too hit and miss - you might not get it all off then then you'll waste another. The silicon sheets are cheap enough and last for several presses before being thrown away.

NASH
27-05-2010, 05:23 PM
i always wipe we a towl after every pressing while the platen is very hot, this keeps it clean and yes i always use greasproof paper

castlegategiftcreations
27-05-2010, 09:22 PM
we have a tube of cleaner and it is great. You can use it when heat press is at full temp and it really does clean it well. I can't remember off the top of my head the name or where we got it but i will try and remember to check tomorrow when I am in the shop.

As I said it works really well.

Kaz
27-05-2010, 09:42 PM
Thanks folks :D

I've got a teflon sheet, but I find that I really need to up the time/temp when using it or the colurs don't come out right :(

Is the tube of stuff you have called EZ off iron cleaner by any chance?

bms
28-05-2010, 07:53 AM
Normally the teflon sheets are like thick paper, the silicon sheets like grease proof paper and the red rubberised sheets are about 1.6mm thick. Only with the latter should you need to increase time/ temp as the others are wafer thin.