PDA

View Full Version : Are Ricoh gel printers producing better prints

Greensleeves
28-05-2010, 12:17 PM
Hi everyone
I am considering getting rid of my epson r265 printer in favour of a ricoh a4 one. I am basing my decision on being told that the gels provide a superior quality print on mugs and plates than the sublimation inks on the market. Unless i am wrong the only offput on this decision is that the gels for this printer only comes in cartridges and this can add to the expence of printing.
Can anyone here help me please?

Patrick :D

John G
28-05-2010, 02:13 PM
I think that the ricohs are more expensive to run but I haven't had an epson with CISS so am only guessing. I'm also led to believe that the Epsons have 6 colours so produce better skin tones but i'm happy with the prints off my ricoh - no blocked heads too :D

Kaz
28-05-2010, 05:33 PM
I love my Ricoh :D

It's the only sublimation printer I've used, so can only pass comment on that.

I've got the A3 one, and so far haven't had any problems with it, the colours are sharp and clear and skin tones are fine, look just like the piccy

Justin
28-05-2010, 10:49 PM
Leaving my personal opinions aside........The vast majority of users seem to sing the praise of the Ricoh printers, especially the GX7000. The print quality however is not as good as with the Epsons. I've seen them compared with 1400's mainly and the difference is noticable, you can also see a difference between the 4 colour Epsons and the Ricoh as well. That's what I read anyway :)
You have to weigh everything up and I guess a lot depends on the type of graphics you're printing and the markets you're selling into.

Paul
29-05-2010, 10:56 AM
why no one want ot give a epson B1100 a try :( is realy great printer! cost less and quality of prints are fab!

Greensleeves
29-05-2010, 07:42 PM
Okk
if i go down the road of inks with profiles will this give me a more stadle platform to work on. If i do a run of mugs or plates will the colours remain the same right through the batch?

Paul
29-05-2010, 07:48 PM
dont know about Ricoh but on my epson all my mugs always look this same :)

Greensleeves
29-05-2010, 08:06 PM
dont know about Ricoh but on my epson all my mugs always look this same :)

Hi Paul
hope you are well. I like what you are saying. Whats your setup? :D

Paul
29-05-2010, 08:33 PM
artanium inks CMYK, Epson B1100 A3 printer. using artanium profile give very good results. always look this same.

bms
29-05-2010, 09:01 PM
if i go down the road of inks with profiles will this give me a more stadle platform to work on. If i do a run of mugs or plates will the colours remain the same right through the batch?

Whether you use the Ricoh printers with the PowerDriver software, Ricoh printers with ICC profile or Epson printers with ICC profile your pictures will all be the same. The "platforms" do not make any difference to the picture reproduction in terms of stability.