PDA

View Full Version : Which Cutter? Pixmax or Liyu

sharkovios
24-10-2013, 11:21 AM
Hi Guys and Gals,

I'm the owner of a small e-shop offering personalization services.
I've been working for over 10 months with vinyl (for both garments and sign) and tees stamps (with an OKI laser as of recently).
I currently have the Cameo which is an excellent machine but as i want to expand my business to include Wall Art Or Wall Tattoos, i need a larger cutter.

As you can imagine my budget is small, that's why i'm looking at the chinese cutters but i'm in a big dilemma.

Liyu from ukcuters are popular (TC631E) but i've read, in here, that they are not that good in their support and since i live in Greece, having a problem and not answering their phones, is a problem.
Pixmax on the other hand does not provide any warranty for international customers.

What are your recommendations? Please tell me your opinion.

Antonis Spirou

RogerC
24-10-2013, 12:00 PM
Save your money and buy a Graphtec.........much better machines and their 'magic eye' for registration marks actually works.

sharkovios
24-10-2013, 12:03 PM
Thanks Roger,

at first i wanted a GX24 but it sells for 1800euros and Graphtec is about 1400Eur.. These are a lot of money, thats why i'm going to a chinese.
As for the optical Eye, i have the cameo which will suit me fine. At least for paper sizes up to A3.

Antonis