PDA

View Full Version : Comissioning an Artist (What to expect to pay).

NikGrey
29-10-2013, 11:48 AM
Hopefully a quick and easy to answer question.

I am about to (Hopefully) commission a Cartoon Artist, he is a new friend of mine and is coming to see me this evening to discuss detail - I want him to design me a Logo and my website theme basically.

I don't need help with promoting my business as I have been doing this for at least Ten years for various things but I do need to know what to expect to pay as a fee for his work ?

I appreciate everyone charges what they feel is correct for the job and I don't want to under-pay him, Just after a ball park figure really.
Every website I have created over the years has been bland, I don't want my new one to be the same hence bringing this chap in.

RogerC
29-10-2013, 11:56 AM
Diamond Graphics (Darran Norton) does web design and graphics design. His prices start at £30.00. If you contact him please mention my name.you might get a better/worse deal...hehe

http://www.diamondgraphics.co.uk/index.html

arko
29-10-2013, 01:36 PM
His web designs start at £200+VAT.... maybe thats a figure to go off as well.

Renniwano
29-10-2013, 02:22 PM
I have commissioned artists for some of my work and this can range from £40 upwards for a single image, if you are wanting commercial use rights..

Some are happy to charge smaller amounts if they are less well known in return for a commission based fee instead and their details on POS etc..

NikGrey
29-10-2013, 06:58 PM
This fella is quite young but his work is stunning, My angle is I will get him a lot of exposure.

I do want commercial rights yes, will let you know how we get on.

Renniwano
29-10-2013, 07:06 PM
Good luck with it.. always go with the i'll scratch your back thing lol

NikGrey
29-10-2013, 10:02 PM
He has made me a Logo, it's quite clever actually. £70.

Renniwano
29-10-2013, 10:35 PM
Good price that for logo work :)