PDA

View Full Version : Heat Press Controller Calibration.

NikGrey
30-10-2013, 06:36 PM
I just found out that my Heat Press is not heating up to what the display indicates so decided to take the controller apart to see if there was a way of Calibrating it - I expected to find at least a Pot to twiddle but nothing adjustable at all in there.

How on earth do they calibrate these things?

It's THIS (http://www.monsterdoodles.co.uk/pixmax_and_8482_5_in_1_combo_swing_heat_press.html ?category_id=1) one.

I have an intermittent problem with my Mug wrap, sometimes when it get to the idle temp when I hit the square button to tell it to go to working temp it cools down - I told them this but they said it was 'Normal' ! Obviously it is not normal but as it doesn't happen every time I don't want them to come and collect it (they did offer) as I will not be able to at least make some Mugs - it's ok, I am not losing mugs as at idle temp no sublimation takes place - it's just an annoyance.

I must admit though, I did make 20 mugs today and it didn't happen once.

It is obviously a broken connection in the wrap/blanket - if it comes to it I will strip it to find the problem myself.

bms
30-10-2013, 08:51 PM
I just found out that my Heat Press is not heating up to what the display indicates so decided to take the controller apart to see if there was a way of Calibrating it - I expected to find at least a Pot to twiddle but nothing adjustable at all in there.

How on earth do they calibrate these things?

It's THIS (http://www.monsterdoodles.co.uk/pixmax_and_8482_5_in_1_combo_swing_heat_press.html ?category_id=1) one.

I have an intermittent problem with my Mug wrap, sometimes when it get to the idle temp when I hit the square button to tell it to go to working temp it cools down - I told them this but they said it was 'Normal' ! Obviously it is not normal but as it doesn't happen every time I don't want them to come and collect it (they did offer) as I will not be able to at least make some Mugs - it's ok, I am not losing mugs as at idle temp no sublimation takes place - it's just an annoyance.

I must admit though, I did make 20 mugs today and it didn't happen once.

It is obviously a broken connection in the wrap/blanket - if it comes to it I will strip it to find the problem myself.

Those control units cannot be calibrated - they are set at the factory. The only way is to set your temp +10 degrees higher than you need.

RogerC
30-10-2013, 09:20 PM
Considering the offer of coming to collect it why not ask them to bring a replacement at the same time? I wouldn't want something that is obviously faulty causing me problems, wasted time, materials and 'money' through wasted stock.

NikGrey
30-10-2013, 09:44 PM
"Those control units cannot be calibrated - they are set at the factory. The only way is to set your temp +10 degrees higher than you need"

The problem with that is I have this set to it's maximum, which is 430f so I can't. I will see what they say about bringing a replacement, they HAVE been good up to now as I had a bad CISS which they did replace.. ok, the new one was also not good but the gesture was there.

I replaced that in the end though, with my Shiny new Ricoh from BMS which I am most impressed with :)

bms
30-10-2013, 09:51 PM
"Those control units cannot be calibrated - they are set at the factory. The only way is to set your temp +10 degrees higher than you need"

The problem with that is I have this set to it's maximum, which is 430f so I can't. I will see what they say about bringing a replacement, they HAVE been good up to now as I had a bad CISS which they did replace.. ok, the new one was also not good but the gesture was there.

I replaced that in the end though, with my Shiny new Ricoh from BMS which I am most impressed with :)

430 degrees F is around 220 degrees C. Presumably your display is 30+ degrees C out if you're not getting a good print as 190 degrees C would normally be enough.