PDA

View Full Version : Heat Press fuses??

Designandgift
01-11-2013, 02:42 PM
Hi all i was wondering if anyone could help me.
i am having a little trouble with my heat press the fuse has blown and i have looked everywhere to get the right fuses
all the fuses i get seem to be too big to fit into the fuse holder or not enough amps to power my heat press
my flat tshirt heat press is newish and i have not had a problem with it before.
i purchased it from coralgraph and there "tech team" require an email before they even help you and do not have a phone number for them.
all i need to know is, if any one can help, is where to find the right fuse for my heat press :) coralgraph says it is a 13amp fuse that fits but i have packs of fuses here that dont fit or wont heat the press up to the heat i require.
will i try a botch diy job and get some fuse wire and go from there?
details for press- standard 8in1 heat press from coralgraph,1200 watts model-hp8in1

Thanks in Advance

Carl
Designandgift (http://www.designandgift.co.uk)

pisquee
01-11-2013, 03:34 PM
There is no place for "bodge jobs" with electrics, especially a safety feature like a fuse.
Can you post a photo of the fuse type - need to know if it's ceramic or glass, and then also what markings are on it - usually stamped into the metal of one end - looking for the amperage rating, and whether it is fast or slow blow and anything else like the measurements would be helpful.
I am assuming you are talking about an internal fuse for the press itself, and Coralgraph are talking about the plug fuse - these are obviously different things and not the same size.

James990
01-11-2013, 04:06 PM
The telephone numbers I have for Coralgraph are

Landline 0208 491 1416 or 01708 608031

Mind you I have not called them in a while, so don't know if they are working or not.

James

viccar
02-11-2013, 01:18 AM
If there is a maplins near you take the old fuse to them and they will match it up if they can.

pisquee
02-11-2013, 12:48 PM
Maplin in real world or better an independant old school electrical supply shop/hardware, or online CPC/Farnell or Ebay.
You just need to match the ratings, whether it's ceramic or glass,and then fast or slow blow.

Designandgift
07-11-2013, 12:59 PM
thank you every one for all your help..
i did end up getting the fuses from maplins i didnt think of that.. thank you
but its true what they say bad things come in 3s
the fuses are fine but then the tshirt press would not heat up to right temp, i have a spare flat press but it is the better one which is broke which is a pain
so i have had a busy few days all is sorted now though i hope
and sorry for long reply i was just eager to get to maplins when i seeing that message come through and forgot to let you all know how i got on...

all the best
Carl
Designandgift (http://www.designandgift.co.uk)

Designandgift
07-11-2013, 01:02 PM
pisquee thanks pal, they was glass fuses not ceramic, i did send pics and tried to upload them when i seeing your response but i seemed to have problems
i can post now if you like..
however i did mention to coral graph that it was the fuses from the machine its self and not the one in the plug..
i would not have done a botvh job as you are right, but i believe that if you have an empty fuse tube you can just buy fuse wire and replace the burnt out wire inside, thats what i meant by botch job, quick fix i guess..

Ask_Alan
26-11-2013, 02:02 PM
Please do not bodge fuses, they are there to protect you and machine.

Alan