PDA

View Full Version : Help! Heat press goes way over 180, up to 265 ... How do I reset the damn thing?

Joohlyauk
12-11-2013, 04:09 PM
Hi, I'm having big problems with my heat press. I have set it for 180 but wow.. it kept going.. and going up.. 265! I've only used it once before about at least a month ago. I still went ahead and pressed a t shirt but big mistake, it's way too hot. There is a reset bit.. probably a screwdriver would do it.. shows a dial to left as minus and right as plus, it's just under the setting buttons. Should I try it? Can't understand why it's getting so hot. Hope I can get it right as I've just got my mojo back. Turned it off about fifteen minutes ago and it's still red hot :o(
Anyone have this problem? I don't have the make as usual but will take a pic if need be, Julia

benwilliamson
13-11-2013, 12:18 AM
What heat press do you have?

NikGrey
13-11-2013, 12:34 AM
Long time since his post - hope he is ok !

Which press? a nice Pot to calibrate the temp would be nice on all presses.

Joohlyauk
13-11-2013, 11:34 AM
All calm today. I used my screwdriver and turned it to the minus where it said reset. It worked! Took ages for the press to cool down but it went down to 170 and stayed there so I just need to fiddle about to get it spot on. I've managed to do two heat transfers successfully since so things are looking up! Yay! I don't know what press it is, but it's massive and very heavy and it's black :rolleyes:

Joohlyauk
13-11-2013, 11:36 AM
Really want a silhouette cameo cutter so I can start on vinyls. Hoping santa will bring me one :cool:

benwilliamson
13-11-2013, 07:30 PM
Glad it worked. I have an A4 craft robo which we no longer use - any good to you?

Joohlyauk
14-11-2013, 12:43 AM
Hi Ben, I can't tell you how much this will help me. Really appreciate it, yes please, Julia

socialgiraffe
14-11-2013, 01:15 AM
Hi Julia

The magic Touch send these temperature strips with some of their boxes of paper. They enable you to place under the platen and press to see exactly what the temp is of your machine. It might be worth giving them a call and see if they will sell you some.

NikGrey
14-11-2013, 01:27 AM
That's interesting - I didn't know that, about these strips.

The people I bought the bad press from are sending me a new One but it would have been great to have some sort of evidence like these strips as they were not finding the same problems I did, or they claim they weren't seeing the same thing anyway.

socialgiraffe
14-11-2013, 01:43 AM
Nik

You do not need them now, you took wise words and have an Adkins :-)

NikGrey
14-11-2013, 02:04 AM
No - I learned a lot from you young man and have an Adkins on the way before the month is out (Deal Done with xPress - Luke is a very easy person to deal with).

The company I bought the cheap one from disputed my findings, and I had nothing to back myself up (Normally I would make a video of the problem for this reason) so these strips would have been perfick and I would have used them if I had know they existed !

But no, your right - I will be ready to open my business properly (Gear Wise) before Christmas 2013. the ONLY 'Fly in the Ointment' is my software developer but I gave him helpful words today so hopefully I can open my website soon otherwise I will have to pay a bit more and use a software developer in the UK.

Joohlyauk
14-11-2013, 09:48 AM
I've got an infrared thermometer. Figured why I couldn't get it to work, needs a 9V battery hehe. I've heard they are the dogs, will try it out later. I've still got to understand the different pressures for the press. It's a clam kind. So far it's perfect for my t shirts :rolleyes:

benwilliamson
15-11-2013, 06:10 PM
Hi Ben, I can't tell you how much this will help me. Really appreciate it, yes please, Julia

Hi Julia, I've PM'd you.

NikGrey
15-11-2013, 07:16 PM
Pushed the button for my new Adkins Press today, Just waiting for a request to pay :)

Quinsfan
18-11-2013, 12:42 PM
I have just posted the same about the same issue. I was not sure if my model is the same as yours. Could you please have a look at the link. If it is the same I will try the little rest dial and see what happens.

Joohlyauk
18-11-2013, 03:28 PM
Hi Quinsfan, there is no link with your message. mine has a plastic rectangle cover over the dials. The reset bit has + and minus and a screw to turn either way (minus obviously). Took ages for my press to cool down to where I'd reset it at. Ended up at about 172 so I need to adjust it slightly yet. Hope that helps. Include a link and I'll tell you if it is the same, thanks, Jules

Quinsfan
18-11-2013, 07:03 PM
I meant the link in my post on the forum not the post to your question, but here it is anyway http://img.diytrade.com/cdimg/333552/1452100/0/1144222493/Heat_Press_machine_220V_110V_with_CE.jpg

Joohlyauk
18-11-2013, 07:16 PM
Hi Iain, yes it's the same press as mine, although mine is black. Get a screwdriver and slowly turn it to the minus. It is tedius but you'll have to let the press cool down and stabilize to see if you need to adjust it more either way. :cool:

Quinsfan
18-11-2013, 08:37 PM
Will try it tomorrow morning. Off to my proper job now.

Joohlyauk
19-11-2013, 10:36 AM
It will definately work Iain. Bit of a shocker that it wasn't set properly to start with though but fixable, Jules