PDA

View Full Version : Heating up but not stopping at set temp.

Quinsfan
18-11-2013, 01:49 AM
Hello fellow subies
I purchased this heat press (or one very similar) via an auction site.
http://img.diytrade.com/cdimg/333552/1452100/0/1144222493/Heat_Press_machine_220V_110V_with_CE.jpg
It all seemed fine but as it came with no instructions I am having a bit of a problem. The left hand side has some plus and minus buttons which set the temp. The problem is when it gets to the temp it doesn't stop it just keeps going up. As I was only trying it to see if it worked I set the temp to 55 but once it reached it a couple of lights flickered and then it carried on going up. At this point I turned it off. I left it to cool down then reset the temp to 100 and this time set the timer for 20sec. Once it got to 100 and started to flash the two lights at me I pulled the handle down, the counter started going up from 00:00 to 20:00 and then bleeped. The temp stayed constant between 100-102 during this time but once I raised the handle it started to go up again.
How do I keep it at the set temp if I was doing more than 1 pressing?
It does have a small reset dial below it with + & - but not sure how this works.

pisquee
18-11-2013, 08:59 AM
See the other thread just below your describing the same issue ...

Quinsfan
18-11-2013, 11:39 AM
I did see that but as there are so many type of press out there I was just covering all bases in case my machine is different and the previous post had no make or photo.
I will add to there post and see if I get a response.