PDA

View Full Version : Do they work

purpledragon
18-11-2013, 11:56 AM
Just wondering ....
theres a fair few mock up type apps being banded about at the moment ie press it on , personalise it etc and to my mind they can work out quite expensive 30 quid minimum per Month upto 150 quid per month and thats without any extras thats an awful lot of mugs you would need to sell before making a profit so my question is do these things work ie has anyone who has added these to their web site seen a marked improvement in sales since adding the apps to their web site ?
Be interesting to know
Brett

Justin
18-11-2013, 12:01 PM
Do you mean the mock up products or the 3D design products for customer design?

purpledragon
18-11-2013, 01:08 PM
the 3d design apps i suppose justin , you know the ones where a customer uploads their pic and it magically appears on a rotating mug on the screen im just curious to know if its worth the investment it does seem a lot of money to spend if it doesnt increase sales

Justin
18-11-2013, 07:03 PM
My personal opinion is that such products can and will increase revenue as long as they work well and the customer can use them quickly and easily. If the customer can 'see' exactly how their product will look this has to be a big benefit and may well make the difference between the sale or not.

I'm installing one onto my own site but as I haven't been selling through the site just yet I won't be able to see any increase as such but I will ensure I get feedback from my customers.

purpledragon
18-11-2013, 07:37 PM
My personal opinion is that such products can and will increase revenue as long as they work well and the customer can use them quickly and easily. If the customer can 'see' exactly how their product will look this has to be a big benefit and may well make the difference between the sale or not.

I'm installing one onto my own site but as I haven't been selling through the site just yet I won't be able to see any increase as such but I will ensure I get feedback from my customers.
Agree in some sales it could possibly be the deal braker which is a well n good ....... but if youre paying 100 quid plus a month you need it to be earning at least 100 quids worth of profit to make it worthwhile just thought itdbe interesting to know if anyones tried it and how it compared a before n after type thing

Karen.
18-11-2013, 11:11 PM
We have one which was about to go live, but I just didn't think it was simple enough for customers. A good easy to use one will no doubt increase business, a complicated one will do the exact opposite and will distract or deter custom.

logobear
18-11-2013, 11:28 PM
100 quid a month is a whole lot of free samples, they often generate results, me, I'm sceptical .....

purpledragon
19-11-2013, 12:56 AM
100 quid a month is a whole lot of free samples, they often generate results, me, I'm sceptical .....im kinda with you on this , a 100 quid a month can surly be put to better use to generate sales imo ,the problem with these new pops n whistles is you have nothing but the sales blurb to go on. Karen you say a simple one would generate sales, whats that based on ? I agree it looks good and gives a good impression but if someone lands on your web site chances are they are there to buy anyway would an app such as these really be the decider who knows? I suppose it can only be answered by someone whos tried it

Karen.
19-11-2013, 12:37 PM
I can see it would only help with sales if it was extremely simple to use. The one we had was not an expensive one, but it was far too complicated. Getting the image on was no problem, purchasing once you had designed involved was not so simple (guess work really on what to click next).
I prefer not to bother with them.

purpledragon
19-11-2013, 01:10 PM
I can see it would only help with sales if it was extremely simple to use. The one we had was not an expensive one, but it was far too complicated. Getting the image on was no problem, purchasing once you had designed involved was not so simple (guess work really on what to click next).
I prefer not to bother with them.
In otherwords more trouble than theyre worth karen.... i can probably see that
i find it interesting no one has answered this who has tried the programs out i can only assume that either A. no ones tried it yet or B. its so successful that those who have installed them on their web site are reluctant to shout about it

Karen.
19-11-2013, 02:41 PM
As I say I did have it on my website, but it never went live as I could only see it creating more problems than it was worth and detering sales if anything.

Dave271069
19-11-2013, 06:34 PM
I'm yet to find one that I can add to my website at a cheap cost or free. I would rather the customer contacts me via email or phone and I can discuss there requirements and offer alternatives etc that I think are suitable for them. So yes I'm sceptical also.

purpledragon
19-11-2013, 06:54 PM
I'm yet to find one that I can add to my website at a cheap cost or free. I would rather the customer contacts me via email or phone and I can discuss there requirements and offer alternatives etc that I think are suitable for them. So yes I'm sceptical also.i think frees a bit ambitious afterall these coding guys do need to make aliving in all fairness but i ant see how a monthly fee is justifyable after all one you got you got it havnt you? Or am i showing my ignorance ...probably
It can seem at times website owners are seen as cash cows , i like probably most on here het phonecalls and emails daily gauranteeing google first page or seo healthchecks ad words you name it and thats without the daily mirror ringin me up every other month to advertise with them (only 2 grand for an ad thats erm lemmie think shit loadsa mugs to sell)
I think if the salesmen have so muc h faith in their method then surly they would have no problem being paid on results

socialgiraffe
19-11-2013, 07:24 PM
I think if the salesmen have so muc h faith in their method then surly they would have no problem being paid on results

On that basis though Brett, if a customer comes to you asking for some promotional mugs for their company would you offer to get paid on results?

I agree that a monthly fee is a bit of a scam (but web coding is constantly changing so free updates are a bit of a bonus) and I would love the option to purchase outright. But if the web coders were paid on results they could surely counter against it by saying "your prices are too high" or "your logo is awful" and that is why there are no sales....

purpledragon
19-11-2013, 08:41 PM
On that basis though Brett, if a customer comes to you asking for some promotional mugs for their company would you offer to get paid on results?

I agree that a monthly fee is a bit of a scam (but web coding is constantly changing so free updates are a bit of a bonus) and I would love the option to purchase outright. But if the web coders were paid on results they could surely counter against it by saying "your prices are too high" or "your logo is awful" and that is why there are no sales....
Good point simon although i could argue that a mug will serve a purpose its designed to do ie hold liquid but i take your point.
In this context then you can definatly argue that advertising mugs work as a tried and tested method, i just fanvied hearing from anyone who can say the 3d apps are tried n tested. Dont get me wrong im not against them as long as it works but it is a lot of money to find out it doesnt work

socialgiraffe
20-11-2013, 02:56 AM
Hi Brett

I am also interested about this as it is something that does look good but as you say, is it worth it. Arguably not for me as I am B2B and Pauls pressiton is perfect for my needs.

Its a shame they do not offer some sort of 60-90 day trial period so you are not locked into a contract.

purpledragon
20-11-2013, 09:41 AM
Hi Brett

I am also interested about this as it is something that does look good but as you say, is it worth it. Arguably not for me as I am B2B and Pauls pressiton is perfect for my needs.

Its a shame they do not offer some sort of 60-90 day trial period so you are not locked into a contract.
agree this would make more sense to us anyway ... im always suspicious of anything that wants to lock you into a contract because they say its good maybe im just old fashioned but i do want to see it work before i part with hard earnt

Justin
20-11-2013, 10:30 AM
Not all tie you into a contract, techcurls e-print for example can be bought on a 30 day basis but I'd want to check integration before looking at that. I believe some may offer a trial, I'll try and find out.