PDA

View Full Version : Adding images to .TIF Templates.

NikGrey
19-11-2013, 03:55 PM
Following on from a previous thread, and a few people are having problems with this:

Using this .TIFF image which comes as a template (cant remember from where) how can I delete the white fill of the Two boxes in order to be able to insert an image. On my Mac I can, using the magic Wand select the inside of a box but can't delete it.

http://www.nikgrey.com/DSF/flamingfills.tif

Earl Smith
19-11-2013, 04:44 PM
Using Photoshop? After its selected with the wand, click the eraser tool on the area to be deleted and then press delete on your keyboard. This is the way its done in Corel, I dont see it going to be any different in Photoshop. You might have to make the image into another object before it works though.

NikGrey
19-11-2013, 05:29 PM
Trouble is there is no Delete key on the small iMac keyboard, backspace doesn't work - even fn-backspace :(

Earl Smith
19-11-2013, 05:31 PM
Can you make the rubber a larger size and move it over the area to be deleted? Dont forget, you might need to make it into another object before it works.

Ive downloaded your image and it took me 30 seconds to make the white area transparent. But I cant upload it to you , the forum wont accept my file format.

NikGrey
19-11-2013, 07:28 PM
No, it wouldn't accept that file format from me either.

I have it though, I had a call with the answer :)

Open the template in Photoshop, let's call it flamingfill.tiff

Got to File - New, in 'Presets' pull down menu you will see flamingfill.tiff in the list - select that

THEN, before you actually open the new template make sure (In Background Contents) 'Transparent' is selected - then open the new template.

YOu now have a transparent window opened the same size as the original template - AND the original template open. Click on the Original template and drag it over the transparent box which is the last one you opened..

Now, you have transparent background - and the frames that take the image are ready for your image :)

Many thanks to Angloman for the heads up :)