PDA

View Full Version : Any news on Subli Supplies?

Andrew
02-06-2010, 04:20 PM
Anyone know why there site has been down for a few days now? Hope it's not bad news for them .

jennywren
02-06-2010, 07:27 PM
I hope so, in fact it was nice to see that you thought of that , this has to be the first time I've seen a nice comment or conceren for Subli Supplies as I do feel that the impression given that due to past history for what ever reason that people can deride their website and goods. If I was a new person that was going into sublimation and joined this forum the adverse comments without meaning to can have a negative view of their bussiness (it probably did). If they have gone it would be a loss, as any company gone means less choice for us which is not good. So I hope it that it is a tempory setback for them as I sure we have all stuggled in the past at various stage in building our bussiness.

Kaz
02-06-2010, 07:51 PM
Has anyone that has used them in the past tried calling them to see if everything is OK?

I've got a phone number, but as I haven't used them before, I don't feel right about calling them

Andrew
02-06-2010, 08:35 PM
I didn't think Sublisupplies had a bad reputation? I know the link with Sublination probably didn't help but Kevin has probably got nothing to do with them now. Don't think I ever actually used them myself. Sublimation is not a large market and with the exchange rates the way they are and the drop off in business over recent times then life as a business owner will never be easy.

jennywren
02-06-2010, 09:35 PM
I understand where your coming from but they did'nt say (kevin ? who is he) but said :subli supplies: big difference, I don't know who kevin is, nerver done bussiness with him, only Nicki, who was nothing but a great help and when she did'nt have she would send me else where for it. I have'nt used the for them last 6 months but up to then I found her to be more than helpful, sending samples when asked and prices was not set in stone, I have also had a small order of BMS and found them to be the same, also offering the same service, when you get a good service of someone I always make a point if they have what I want I go there first, even if it cost more, maybe I'm old fashioned . ( my age I think :lol: ) If subli supplie has gone who will supply my pallents of mugs. :?:

Paul
02-06-2010, 11:03 PM
I understand where your coming from but they did'nt say (kevin ? who is he) but said :subli supplies: big difference, I don't know who kevin is, nerver done bussiness with him, only Nicki, who was nothing but a great help and when she did'nt have she would send me else where for it. I have'nt used the for them last 6 months but up to then I found her to be more than helpful, sending samples when asked and prices was not set in stone, I have also had a small order of BMS and found them to be the same, also offering the same service, when you get a good service of someone I always make a point if they have what I want I go there first, even if it cost more, maybe I'm old fashioned . ( my age I think :lol: ) If subli supplie has gone who will supply my pallents of mugs. :?:
Kevin is ex-ovner of sublisupplies. it used to be called subli-nation. subli-nation usede to had VERY good forum. Subli forum is the place where we "meet" firs time me and justin, JSR, Stich-up and others :)

No one said sublisupplies had bad reputation. I must say when subli-nation used to wxist it was the best place to shop with fantastic support from Kevin. dont know what happened now with them but it will be a shame if they "gone". dont forget that competition is good for us - subli printers. more suppliers = lower prices.

accdave
02-06-2010, 11:19 PM
[Kevin is ex-ovner of sublisupplies. it used to be called subli-nation. subli-nation usede to had VERY good forum. Subli forum is the place where we "meet" firs time me and justin, JSR, Stich-up and others :)

It was my understanding that Subli Supplies were actually a franchise type operation set up through Subli-Nation. Kevin wanted people to become area distributors and Subli Supplies were the first ones. Soon after they set up Subli-Nation went bust.

One possibility is that the web site was hosted by Kevin and that may be where the problem lies. Having said that the sale that went on at the end of May whereby all stock items were reduced by 30% suggested it was more of a closing down sale than a special offer. I haven't dealt with them for a while because I try to cout down on carriage costs and use companies who offer more than just subli items ( ie vinyl etc ), but the service from Nicci was always good, in fact mine was one of the quotes stated on the front page of the website commending the good service.

If they have decided to call it a day I hope they chose to do it and it wasn't forced on them.

bms
02-06-2010, 11:23 PM
If subli supplie has gone who will supply my pallents of mugs
Hate to be opportunistic given the tone of this thread, but... ;)

John G
03-06-2010, 10:37 AM
So if you have the phone number why not give them a ring - would seem the easiest option

Kaz
03-06-2010, 11:56 AM
I've just left a message on their answer machine, hopefully they will call me back :?

Andrew
10-06-2010, 11:36 PM
Anyone heard anything? Looks like the site might not be coming back.

Kaz
10-06-2010, 11:41 PM
Never got a reply to my phone call :(

Andrew
10-06-2010, 11:44 PM
Sad. Looks like the worst for that part of their business. Hope they still have the printing bit that they originally used to do.

Dsmith910
11-06-2010, 11:03 AM
Glad to see I'm not the only one who's worried about Subli Supplies. Not been able to get on the website recently - have sent an email and left a message on their answer machine. Will let you know if I get any news. Have used them since Kevin closed down Sublination. Always found them very helpful, prices good plus they had some new stuff which I've been selling - can't find anyone else to replace those lines yet. ie 'Baby on Board' signs and 'Trophy Disks' - Xpres sell the Trophy disks but they are more expensive than Subli Supplies.

Dsmith910
11-06-2010, 11:18 AM
PS: Just had an email reply from Nicci at Subli Supplies - she says their website is down but they are working hard to get it fixed. If anyone wants anything just phone them to order.

Kaz
11-06-2010, 11:55 AM
Thanks for that Doreen :D

And you can get baby on board signs from BMS

http://www.printerowners.co.uk/sublimat ... g-sign.htm (http://www.printerowners.co.uk/sublimation/520/car-window-hanging-sign.htm)

Andrew
11-06-2010, 11:57 AM
Good to hear that it is a temporary hitch.

TransferGraeme
11-06-2010, 12:17 PM
I've just spoken to Nicci on the phone, they are all well and still trading.

They have major problems with their website which they're working to sort out, and are struggling to keep up with the volume of incoming phone calls, so if you need to contact them please use e-mail and Nicci will get a reply to you as soon as she can.

Dsmith910
11-06-2010, 12:55 PM
PPS - their email address is sublisupplies@uwclub.net

JSR
11-06-2010, 03:28 PM
Having a 403 error for three weeks suggests a breakdown in communication between them and the host. It's not an error that should take three weeks to fix. It'd take too long if it took a day.

Hope they get it sorted soon.

Ian M
30-06-2010, 10:56 PM
Nicci & Mark are still trading & if you want to email them with your phone number they will get back to you straight away.

The reason why they had a sale at the end of May was to clear out a lot of old slow selling stock. Mark told me they had decided to have a look over at what stocks they held & get rid of the stuff that just doesn't move. A fair bit of this stock is from when they bought it from Sublnation.

They have also just had a baby daughter & both decided to have some well deserved maternity leave like most new parents need. During this time Mark was still sending items out & he sorted me out a few times with their usual quick delivery times.

The reason for the website still being down is that it is run by someone else who has been away for some weeks now. They have been in touch with him & they are doing all they can to get the site up & running again ASAP. Theit home page however does now come up & there is a message there asking people to eith call them or email them.

I have to finish off by saying Mark & Nicci are two of the nicest people I have ever met & have bent over backwards helping me. I went on one of their training days which was amazing & came away knowing how to sublimate so many things. They also make some amazing bacon butties whilst your there too & the view from there garden is out of this world as they are on top of a cliff on the east coast just below Bridlington.

I hope this clears everything up for everyone.

Justin
30-06-2010, 11:14 PM
Many thanks for the update Ian :)

Andrew
30-06-2010, 11:43 PM
I noticed the website was live again a few days ago. They need to shift it to a new host or whatever as a site should never go down for that long. All seems a bit bad timing for them........ or good timing as was probably a bit quieter with the new arrival. All depends which way you look at it ;)

Dsmith910
01-07-2010, 01:05 AM
Glad to see their website now has a message on it - hopefully they will get the whole thing up and running soon.

Ian M
06-07-2010, 02:10 PM
What the hell is that all about? :o

NASH
06-07-2010, 02:12 PM
SPAM i think it`s on every post :evil:

Ian M
06-07-2010, 02:16 PM
I know Nash, just why do people like that spoil such a good forum?

Might be a touch of the old solvent abuse eh........lol.

There is some weird people out there.

Ian M
07-07-2010, 02:53 AM
Just to let everyone know that Subli-Supplies website is now back up & running.

Ian