PDA

View Full Version : quick drying screen print inks for mugs?????

arthur.daley
22-11-2013, 10:00 AM
Hi All

Can anyone tell me what type of ink I need for printing onto ceramic mugs? This for very small scale printing of a logo onto the uncoated base of sublimation mugs.

Ideally it needs to be dishwasher safe and quick drying - do these inks need to be cooked on or are they totally air drying and if so how long does it take to dry?

Anyone with a bit of screen experience looking in - could you point me in the right direction or tell me the companies I need to speak to?

I now I can buy a pad printing set up for under 2k but thats way toooooo expensive given the volumes involved in the short term.

regards

Arthur

socialgiraffe
22-11-2013, 10:49 AM
The only ceramic ink I know of is MARABU INKS. I am pretty sure that these inks would need to be kiln fired to cure.

However somewhere like Hobbycraft (nearest to you is Peterborough) probably sell a craft ceramic ink that will either quick dry or oven dry.

arthur.daley
22-11-2013, 11:18 AM
Hi SG

Thanks for the info. I'll see if I can find out what the curing requirements of the Marubu inks are and I'll give Hobbycraft a go as well - I think there may be one in Cambridge, there is certainly a big hobby supermarket.

As ever SG to the rescue ;o)

regards

Arthur