PDA

View Full Version : Printer Problem

Mattie
02-06-2010, 07:19 PM
Hi

I have an Epson S21 printer and have bought a ciss kit (cartridge type not bottle with hose) but can't seem to get ink to come through it did first time but when i run cleaning process it doesn't do anything if it does come out it had lots of lines throught print and not correct colours.

Any help would be grateful.

bms
02-06-2010, 08:12 PM
It sounds like the ink isn't getting through the cartridge correctly - most common fault is that the ink cartridges let in air which prevents the ink flowing properly. If you put your syringe without needle into the base of the cartridge - where the ink comes out - can you pull back on the syringe and create a vacuum? If the syringe body just pulls back and allows the body to fill with air (even slightly) then the cartridge is leaking air and will need to be sealed or replaced.

As an aside - is the S21 being used for sublimation printing or normal ink printing? The S21 isn't a supported printer so you'll need customised profiles if you are going to use this for sublimation printing.

Mattie
02-06-2010, 08:23 PM
Hi

Thank you vrey for the advice i'll try that and keep you updated if fixes problem. yeah i was sold printer in package i bought for sublimation printing is the S21 no good or what is customised profiles.

bms
02-06-2010, 10:15 PM
Customised profiles means you have to find someone to make the profiles for you otherwise your colours on images won't be accurate :( . The S21 isn't a supported sublimation printer which means Sawgrass don't produce the profiles for that printer and it might be prone to clogging as, I believe, it is the entry level printer in that range. You'll probably have lots of issues printing with it and then getting the colours to match - as anyone on this forum will probably testify it's better to get the right printer and inks to avoid lots of hair pulling when things don't go right ;)

Mattie
02-06-2010, 10:20 PM
Hi Martin

Thanks for info i thought it was entry model never seen printer till it came with package i'll not use it i'll have to look for another printer can you recommend a printer that us suitable but only used for small jobs so nothing to fancy lol.

bms
02-06-2010, 10:29 PM
If your looking to start out then the A4 options are the Ricoh GXe3300 which is supplied with SubliJetR cartridges and PowerDriver software or the Epson B40W printer which comes with the Artainium Easyflow system and uses ICC profiles (for use with PhotoShop or CorelDraw).

The Ricoh is cheaper to buy but cartridges contain less ink than you'll get with the Epson printer and Easyflow system.

If you want further details of these then I can pm you links about these printers to our website, but other users might be able to offer advice on their experiences of either printer...

bikertec
04-06-2010, 01:27 AM
Looks like were both in the same boat with the old printers and no profiles. They don't tell you that when you buy the equipment do they. :lol: ;)

bms
04-06-2010, 07:43 AM
They don't tell you that when you buy the equipment do they.
Some, un-namable companies don't, but unless such companies want constant support calls on how to get colours to work properly they would be best to supply the proper printer in the first place. This does make me cross - especially when we have received so many calls in the past with other companies supplying the wrong printer and it comes down, very often, to the customer (you) having to spend more money to get the right printer. It's not a pleasant experience telling someone they've bought the wrong printer and have to spend a shed load more money on a new printer and set up. Sorry you guys might have also been caught up in this :(

Mattie
04-06-2010, 08:50 AM
Looks like were both in the same boat with the old printers and no profiles. They don't tell you that when you buy the equipment do they. :lol: ;)

It really annoys me cause i even asked them is this the right printer and they said yes that's why we inlcude it in package.
I have been in the print industry for many years printing flyers, business cards etc but i only know about digital printers and litho printers should of done bit more research into sublimation i just bought the first package i came across.

The package i bought took just over a week for them to send it even though they say on site next day delivery. When it arrive it was missing several items after numerous calls and emails they said they would send missing stuff by next day delivery but next day came and past and no missing stock. it took me another 2 days to get through to them again and they said sorry we'll send them today and that was last thursday i have been promised they will come today but i'm not holding my breath all in all it's took nearly 4 weeks just to get a simple package.

Does anyone know of a supplier who stands by their delivery as need a supplier who is reliable.

Kaz
04-06-2010, 09:07 AM
Both of the suppliers who post on here are very reliable :D

I've alos purchased from xpres, and if ordered before 3pm, it gets sent out for next day delivery, your first order needs to be a minimum of £50 with them.

Mattie
04-06-2010, 09:15 AM
Both of the suppliers who post on here are very reliable :D

I've alos purchased from xpres, and if ordered before 3pm, it gets sent out for next day delivery, your first order needs to be a minimum of £50 with them.

Thanks Kaz

I been looking at the suppliers on here they have some great products, Just got few flyer orders i need to deal with (customers not paying invoice) then i will be ordering more stock as nearly sold out what i got with package

bms
04-06-2010, 11:36 AM
Does anyone know of a supplier who stands by their delivery as need a supplier who is reliable.
I'd hope our reputation fits this criteria ;)

If the other supplier is telling customers that the Epson S20 is suitable for sublimation printing then they shouldn't be selling sublimation printers as this is going to be a costly error for other people. You might want to consider naming them, or at least letting Justin know because if they are listed as a sublimation supplier on this forum then perhaps a cautionary note should be put next to their details.

bikertec
04-06-2010, 05:13 PM
I was recommended the Epson S20 because you can get refillable cartridge but didn't mention anything about profiles. Could anyone recommend a cheap printer that uses refillable cartridge and has profiles.

Thanks again Mick.

accdave
04-06-2010, 06:38 PM
I'd hope our reputation fits this criteria ;)

If the other supplier is telling customers that the Epson S20 is suitable for sublimation printing then they shouldn't be selling sublimation printers as this is going to be a costly error for other people. You might want to consider naming them, or at least letting Justin know because if they are listed as a sublimation supplier on this forum then perhaps a cautionary note should be put next to their details.

I agree with Martin here, the supplier selling an Epson S20/21 in a sublimation set-up should be named, or at least support what they sell.

I'll risk the wrath of the moderators, is it this one ?

http://www.lovecut.co.uk/mug-press-package-373-p.asp

bikertec
04-06-2010, 06:48 PM
Could be. ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

bms
04-06-2010, 09:08 PM
Just had a quick look at the link and then the cost - see that VAT is 15% :!: and then is it zero valued, so they either imply they are VAT registered (with the wrong rates) or they are not VAT registered and wrongly show VAT.

As for other printers and refillable cartridges - this is often a false economy. First you buy refillable cartridges, say for a 4 colour Epson printer and then you buy the inks separately at £50 +vat per 125ml. Cost is £200 +vat for the ink plus the refillable cartridges and then you have the hassle of filling etc. A brand new Easyflow system which comes with ink, is already primed, has colour correction profiles and is supported in case of problems would cost around £219 +vat. Can't really see the benefit of the refillable cartridges over a brand new Easyflow system (a CISS) myself as the savings aren't that significant.