PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Caps (Ok for Transfers?)

NikGrey
28-11-2013, 11:47 PM
.. I completed some Tabards for a Bakery today - Red Tabards (With his logo transferred onto them).

His colour scheme is Red and Grey - Earlier this evening the fella asked me for Grey Baseball Caps with a Red version of his logo on the front. Looking in BTC I found these:

Ear. (http://v2.io8.co.uk/cidzhi69pgjmj/index.pl?ud=103392&Codebox=RC24P&submit=Search&SearchType=CodeBuster&PosLoc=MT)

BUT it say's in the 'Decoration Process' details that these are for Embroidery - These are 'Heavy Brushed Cotton' so am I right in thinking that this material does not lend it's self to transfers due to the nature of the Brushed Cotton?

The colour scheme would be perfect.

socialgiraffe
29-11-2013, 12:33 AM
It may be because it is a six panel hat which means there is a seem slap bang in the middle at the front.

Earl Smith
29-11-2013, 09:20 AM
Its nothing to do with the material Nik, its what Simons says, the seam is slap bang in the middle of the front and therefor in the middle of the design. Embroidery is ok.
You need a 5 panel cap. Ive looked through my catalogue and there is nothing in the colours you want.

NikGrey
29-11-2013, 10:27 AM
Ah, so that's it - I didn't see a seam there last night (Tired eyes).. That makes sense.

draig
01-12-2013, 02:34 PM
Take a look at Stahls Cad Cut site and watch one of Josh Ellsworth's videos he transfers onto both 5 & 6 panels baseball caps as well as the brim. Still slowly experimenting with my cap press, need to get rid of the creases which form on them.

Sharon

Link to videos on youtube

http://youtu.be/XqHHyLM2thE

NikGrey
02-12-2013, 12:53 AM
Thanks Sharon, I watched those.

'High Crown' - 'Low Profile', the plot thickens.

My Platten is 90mm deep - which cap style does that suit?

Also, I can get away with making my own Platten sizes if I can find out what material is used on these - on the Stahls it's Blue and the others it's Orange - Rubbery, foam type stuff - anyone know what that is?

.. and I can't quite find the cap I need for this job at BTC, I need a Grey with Red Trim 5 Panel cap.. any idea's ?

Angloman
02-12-2013, 08:11 AM
try a workwear shop and then get the sublimation polymer coating and dip each hat ,the add logo

Angloman
02-12-2013, 08:12 AM
its back to the old question,when would we ever use this type of liquid,now i would say for a trial and error experiment