PDA

View Full Version : Mugs from Signzworld.. epic!

Joohlyauk
01-12-2013, 03:33 PM
I have just successfully sublimated 16 mugs and wow what a difference to the mugs I bought from a warehouse clearance company on ebay. They were taking 4 minutes at 220 degrees. The mugs from Signsworld take 2 minutes at 180 and the colours look 100% better. Only problem I've had is dunking in warm water after, the mugs didn't like it. I heard kind of pinging that worried me and two made that sound in the press but they all seem ok. I cooled them down and have poured boiling water in and nothing happened. Anyone have this experience? Is 180 degrees still too hot? Jools :biggrin:

Designandgift
01-12-2013, 03:44 PM
yes i had this the other day i cooled mine down as i was in a rush and they pinged. one of the mugs a handle fell off and the other one got a hairline crack not good..
but i usually make, then leave to cool by a window, i have never had problems that way.. but i know alot of others use the dunking method so its more what works for you pal but the dunking them sounds like it does not work for you
try making one leave to cool down then pour your hot water in and see how it goes for you...
just be careful with the ones that have already pinged, my experience with the 2 i had shows me that the pinging weakens them :)

Joohlyauk
01-12-2013, 04:00 PM
Hi, thanks for that, trouble is remembering now which ones pinged hehe.. , I didn't see any cracks at all, they are all now together cooling down and being delivered later. I guess I'll find out! :o)

Designandgift
01-12-2013, 04:05 PM
ha ha well i hope you get away with it :)
just be prepared for them to mention it too you,
or try pouring hot water into them all again just to test if they crack or not then the ones that do crack just replace if they dont crack job done!! :)

logobear
01-12-2013, 07:38 PM
never understood why dunk, we offer a 20 min service, and still don't dunk......
and re difference in mugs, simple message, don't buy cheap mugs Doh!

NikGrey
01-12-2013, 09:49 PM
I started off 'Dunking' but found it an extra step I didnt really enjoy so found a nice thick Earthenware Tile which I stand the mugs on - its a great heat sink.

pisquee
01-12-2013, 10:38 PM
We used to work from a very large garden shed when we started, and could just put anything to cool of patio slabs outside and they cooled quickly and safely, then we were in a rediculously large double garage with lovely concrete floor, which again worked a treat. It's not so easy now we're working from inside though, and now don't bother - as I do a batch of mugs, they go straight into the 12 ways trays (upside down) and into the cardboard boxes ready to ship. By the time the next tray is ready to go in the box, the mugs in the previous tray have cooled enough to put one of Chongsta's vinyl labels on to finish them off. When 36 are done, box is taped up ready to ship. Our courier has never commented on why the box is still warm!

Joohlyauk
02-12-2013, 02:42 PM
I'm going to try and lower the temp to maybe 170 and leave for longer to see if I don't get the odd pinging while it's in the press. Most were ok but I hate any mug being wasted. I wish I had a big garage to work in. At the moment I'm using my kitchen which looks like a work shop. The big heat press is on the table as I have nowhere else to put it. Xmas is going to be fun! :o)

Bob700
09-12-2013, 12:51 PM
I was a fan of the fan rather than dunking

LVS
13-12-2013, 02:37 AM
I've just finished a fair sized order for a family member (just shy of 80 mugs) where price was a huge factor.
I was skeptical but tried Signzworld mugs for the simple factor they were cheaper (and meant I could get below the required price). Although I have to say, I was pleased with the end results. Colours came out vibrant and images sharp. Printed at 180 degs for 190 seconds each

I had 2 'seconds' mugs (on 1 the coating chipped slightly after printing, and on another the mug itself was damaged at the base; which 'could' have happened before printing but was in a rush and didn't check them all thoroughly first, oops!). Im using the seconds to see how well they wash so will report back if they aren't as 'dishwasher proof' as they claim.
I didn't bother with dipping, I printed and then left in a cold conservatory to cool down

Mugman71
16-12-2013, 08:49 PM
I have never dipped, just naturally cooled them, look fine to me, 2000 mugs later!

FutureProject
19-12-2013, 12:16 AM
Been getting mugs from signzworld and so far (60 mugs in) not had a problem doing 175c for 170s with visisub inks.

Oneumbrella
28-12-2013, 05:18 PM
does anyone have a link to a good supplier of mugs?

Benn81
28-12-2013, 06:27 PM
does anyone have a link to a good supplier of mugs?

After using many companies mugs i have found BMS (http://www.printerowners.co.uk/) supply the best mugs for me, I can't fault them. Each mug in the box is wrapped in bubble wrap aswell. Why not try some of the trusted suppliers. Bms, transferpress, longforte, xpres etc.

Signzworld have a shocking reputation it seems from a little web searching

As for cooling, I dunk in hot water, if i don't the image will bleed. I work in a small office space that turns into a sauna by midday with all the machines on. I make sure the mugs are at room temperature at least before pressing to prevent shock to the ceramic.

Become a full member of the forum and you will get discounts from suppliers aswell. :biggrin:

Cheers
Benn