PDA

View Full Version : can you use a image if its in another image

guarddog14
01-12-2013, 07:09 PM
hi i see this kind of stuff all the time but just wondering if this is allowed ?
a club badge in another image and slightly distorted?

thanks ,

danny

Designandgift
01-12-2013, 07:39 PM
hi i see this kind of stuff all the time but just wondering if this is allowed ?
a club badge in another image and slightly distorted?

thanks ,

danny

hey take a look at this thread http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum/showthread.php?8077-Football-T-shirts-and-merchandise&highlight=copyright
i dont know if it will help much but i remembering alot going on about copyrighted images a few weeks back
try do a search you may find your answer pal :)
images looks great btw :D

pisquee
01-12-2013, 10:55 PM
Did you create the logo?
Do you own the copyright for the logo?
Do you have permission to use the logo, in the form of a written license which states how and in what way you can use the logo, what you can print it onto, in what form, in what quantities, and in which geographical territories, and for what period of time?

Is the owner of the logo a big company with lots of money to hire lawyers to sue you for stealing/using their property without permission?
would the owners of said company be unhappy about thier logo being used alongside the phrase "grim up north"

guarddog14
02-12-2013, 09:12 PM
its just a local football club , i was just using it as a example , no matter who you ask about copy right there seems to be no straight answers lol
think ill just stick to txt and leave my artistic side alone lol

pisquee
02-12-2013, 11:00 PM
its just a local football club , i was just using it as a example , no matter who you ask about copy right there seems to be no straight answers lol

There are plenty of straight answers out there. The logo although not a tangible thing, is an asset, something they own, and have the right to protect. If you use it without permit, then it is essentially theft. It doesn't matter if it's *just* a local football club, maybe they can't afford to hire big scary lawyers to sue you, but why should you make a profit from their name/branding? IF they're small and don't have merchandising already sorted, then go and tal to them and work out a deal that benefits both of you - this way you can both support each other as businesses. IF they do already have merchandising worked out with someone else, then look again at what I said above.

think ill just stick to txt and leave my artistic side alone lol
Er, you can be artistic as you like, and you should be, just don't nick other people's designs - make your own - surely this is what being creative/artistic is?