PDA

View Full Version : help from the screen printing Jedi Masters please! ... which ink for polyester?

chongsta
12-12-2013, 11:35 PM
Hi all

ive been asked by a HOOJ supplier of football kits to screen print onto polyester garments!

i know the issue is with drying them, but i dont have a UV light or an actual dryer, but ive been told that i dont need these (just the correct inks). Ive received the samples back from the company that im buying my screen printer from but they too had some problems.

and so...my question is what inks do you use for polyester?

the garments range massively in colours and most have stripes! obviously i need to print without the stripes showing through. The company that want me to do them currently use Subli-block vinyl which is fine, but it also adds lots of time to each garment re: weeding, heat press etc. and this is where they're asking for my help

and so im asking for your help...anything is good :)

cheers
Dave

John G
13-12-2013, 09:43 AM
I use Plastisol inks on football shirts - they NEED to be heat dried (tunnel dryer, flash dryer or heat press). I wouldn't use any other inks as they are not guaranteed to stay on the shirt.
Cheers John

printgarments
02-01-2014, 11:57 AM
Quite right. I would add though that if you don't have these drying tools, you can use a heat gun from B and Q or somewhere else like that. They are about £30

eztrans
15-01-2014, 01:47 PM
a heat gun from b and q is not a good idea at all. inks need to sure at specific temperatures and you cannot control such an item. suggest you use normal plastisol inks and put an additive in it, most suppliers can sell you one and the ink will cure at lower temperatures and indeed can even air dry. beware of dye subliamting through inks too, may need to print, cure and print again. there is no short cut to doing a job correctly.