PDA

View Full Version : Signage

Jason
14-12-2013, 02:37 AM
Xpres have really upped their game this year, and now are having a real push into the signage market offering a full range of products aimed at this sector, will this make you move into signage? Is this something you currently do?

Personally, this isn't my thing and whilst I have done the odd sign here and there for our regular customers its never something I have particularly pushed as I feel its a totally different market.

Incidentally for the limited signage and digital print I have done I have used metamark products ( which xpres are selling) and they have been excellent.

tlworkwear
14-12-2013, 12:57 PM
Yeah I noticed this too and I am in a similar boat to you. I do most of my own signage and a little for regular customers but feel it is a totally different market so havent pushed it too much as yet. Will be testing out the Metamark stuff in the new year hopefully so will contact Xpres for some samples :) I have always used MDP for my signage needs but its always good to have options when it comes to suppliers IMO.

NikGrey
14-12-2013, 02:03 PM
I initially set myself up for signage, only got into Sub as I had a Mug Press with my cheapie press (all in One) and loved it.

But I have a main Metamark dealer near me so am using their materials - an absolute joy to use, I had a sample pack of their garment vinyl delivered the other day which I will try soon. I originally wanted to get into vinyl as I used to run a motorcycle club and I saw many members buying decals for their prized machines which were cheap and badly made - I knew I could do better (ebay sh*te).

They were buying full decal sets (copies of originals) for £10 which were distored, wrong dimensions etc - total cr*p.

Here's one of my versions for the Missus (as I had just painted her bike the same colour as mine):

http://nikgrey.com/DSF/hornet.jpg

You cant really tell the quality from this but I used metamark M7 as I do for all signs, I will not compromise with cheap vinyl. This bike gets a lot of attention now so it has my details on the swinging arms for good measure.

I posted an image of a standard Honda tank decal on facebook and from then on it went mad - everyone wanted decals made and I was very busy until everyone who wanted one had one.. now, as I still cant advertise (waiting for a developer clown to finish what should be a simple coding job for my website) things have gone quite again, although I have deals with some boat makers here I still cant open properly until my website is working.

I love working with vinyl, with my Liyu anyway - its a joy and the smell is gorgeous :)

So, yes - I will get into signage properly as soon as the stars line up and I am able to. there is a great markup. and my full decal sets are £40 - properly done.

arko
14-12-2013, 02:42 PM
I love working with vinyl, with my Liyu anyway - its a joy and the smell is gorgeous :)

Now that sounds like the start of a fetish! hahahah. jk Nik.... but then I love he smell of freshly peeled transfers that you stick on windows and such.