PDA

View Full Version : Ricoh 3110dn on Error. (Solved)

NikGrey
17-12-2013, 06:25 PM
One of my Ricoh shows 'Error' next to it when viewing the printers in System Preferences - It works as normal so I hadn't taken any notice of it until recently, its started to bug me now..
http://nikgrey.com/DSF/ricoh-error.png

Anyone got ANY ideas?

There are no error notifications on the printer display - or on its webpage.

Karen.
20-12-2013, 08:54 PM
probably a stupid question - but you have run the 'troubleshooter'? One of mine did this and we ran that, it found nothing, but cleared the error and no problems since.

NikGrey
20-12-2013, 09:01 PM
I must have missed that - Where is our Trouble Shooter ? I'm glad I'm not alone in this - I was starting to think I was as nobody answered :(

Karen.
20-12-2013, 09:07 PM
On the 'devices and printers' right click on the printer ;) Make it as your default printer or it will throw that up at you, you can always change it back afterwards.
It was a last resort for us, just to try and clear the damn thing and it did the trick

NikGrey
20-12-2013, 10:04 PM
I'm on a Mac, but there has to be a way of doing the same thing.

Right clicking only brings up 3 options:

Rename.
Set as Default.
Reset Printing System:
The last means I have to install everything again - may try that.

Thanks though.

Karen.
20-12-2013, 10:07 PM
Ah that's a shame. Never really used a mac, so can't help with where it would be. It must be there somewhere.

NikGrey
22-12-2013, 07:08 PM
I fixed this issue.

Removed the printer which was on error.

Selected 'Add Printer' but the Sub printer was not showing in the list - only my general Ricoh was.. so I found the IP address of the Sub Printer: 192.168.1.6 in my case and elected to ad the printer via it's IP address.

Now it is showing with a nice green light next to it.

******* Been messing some more, I noticed that the printer I had added just by selecting it from the list would not return the 'Supply Levels' from the 'Utility' tab of the driver but the printer I added by it's IP did return this info even when sleeping so..
I added BOTH pinters now by their IP addresses and they both work as expected now.

In my case they were:

Now, the next problem is:

I cant select Default paper sizes independently for both printers - for example: I set the default paper for the General printer to A4 and this also sets the Sub printer to the same paper size - this is just a minor gripe but I don't see why I can't set these independently as the printers are on different addresses, they DO share the same driver though.