PDA

View Full Version : dark t shirt printing

wadar
22-12-2013, 12:41 PM
Hi guys, i have now got two set ups for printing, i have the rico 3110 with sub gel inks which covers all my sub needs, i also have the same printer but with chromablast for all my cotton t shirts, both im finding i get great results with, i am now getting asked for dark t shirt printing quite a lot, ive used the oki in the past the 711wt, but we got rid of that, are there dark transfer papers for chromoblast? i dont seem to have seen any anywhere, or do i need another printer, like a rico with standard inks so i can then get dark transfer papers to print onto black t shirts, any ideas or thoughts would be great please, also are there any chromoblast users out there?, im having a minor problem with some images, i have some teflon from the magic crutch, it appears not to be anti static, its often sticking to the press, but thats fine i can get round that with vynils, but when i use chromoblast even if i wipe the teflon before each use, it still draws in dust and fluff, which often end up on the print,grrrrrrr, i ordered a new anti static sheet from graffitip, unfortunatly its black and not see through, i like to see that the image has not moved through the teflon prior to pressing, could anyone reccomend a supplier that does and anti static teflon sheet that is slighlty see through, these are minor things i know, but i strive to do the best i can so if i can solve these little problems that would be great.

i have read so much hear already, so thank you all for the input made on the forum from many of you, i have learnt so much.

many thanks

steve

galerion
26-12-2013, 01:09 AM
I haven't done t-shirts yet but I was looking around at the process and watched a vid on youtube, this looked like it might be good for dark t-shirts http://www.digitalheatfx.com/heat-transfer-paper/sublimation-transfer-papers.html . Don't know if anyone in the uk sells it but did notice that bms sell a dark subli paper, someone on here might know if its the same.

printgarments
02-01-2014, 12:47 PM
Very interested in this too!

You have had good results with Chromoblast? i've heard mixed reviews...

wadar
02-01-2014, 01:22 PM
yes super results with chromoblast on white cottons, two customers commented on how sharp and vivid the colour of the images were, im using a ricoh printer and trupix paper alongside it with the power driver too, this saved me stocking the subli shirts as I already stocked cotton for vinyls, space is very tight here and the thought of stocking the subli shirts aswell, was becoming an issue, plus the cotton are cheaper, I do hold some subli shirts in case someone specifically asks for sublimation, which occasionally happens.i just need to sort out some good quality dark transfers now for black t shirts and tops.