PDA

View Full Version : vinyl wall design, need to know how i would go about cutting it???

roguechloe
01-01-2014, 03:45 PM
I have a design for a wall decal but I have no idea how to go about cutting it. it is a name ontop of a shape but I need a border around the name (as you will see in the pic) and I need the shape to not be visible on the lettering if that makes sense.
this is probably basic but I haven't done anything like this before.

thankyou in advance for any advice

Paul
01-01-2014, 04:29 PM
put it in the cutter and hit "cut"! as simple as that. if your wall is white then border will be colour of your wall. you can also cut the border from the white vinyl and layer it.

roguechloe
01-01-2014, 04:57 PM
I tried exporting from corel to artcut as I usually do, and this is what it will look like if I cut it. it doesn't have the space around the name like it should.

Paul
01-01-2014, 05:24 PM
is it made of strokes? try to brake it all in to curves and use welding tool.

roguechloe
01-01-2014, 06:00 PM
I think so, I just imported a basic star shape from the corel shape menu, I then added a text box, wrote the name, chose my font, and placed it where I wanted it and then put the shape behind the text. then I put the outline of the text as 16 points in white. usually at this point I would hairline everything and put no fill and then export to artcut but I cant put the outline of the name at hairline because I need it to have that thick border so it will cut the name and then I can weed that border around it. if that makes sense.

Skye
01-01-2014, 06:38 PM
Give the text the 16 point outline. Click on the text, then go "arrange" - "convert outline to object". This will create a new object which is just the 16 point outline. Give this the hairline outline.

You will probably need to use "arrange - combine" or one the "arrange - shaping" functions to amalgamate this with the star.

arko
01-01-2014, 08:02 PM
As Paul said, I think its a case of "combining" both shape and text and then "welding" them together.

RogerC
01-01-2014, 09:42 PM
In Corel go to arrange....select shaping then weld and you should have the image you require. Check it in wireframe format and you'll see the lines that will be cut.....simples.

printgarments
02-01-2014, 12:45 PM
Vinyl CAD plotter/cutter

printgarments
02-01-2014, 12:45 PM
You'll need to vectorise the image, adobe illustrator for this.