PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed on transfer paper

windyash
07-01-2014, 11:18 AM
Having read through the whole forum a couple of times Im stuck :wink:

Whats the best way to put this logo onto black hoodies ? Its a trial run for a gym but will end up in a lot of work if I get it right

Any ideas please ???

NASH
07-01-2014, 11:40 AM
Try this is the paper: http://www.yolo.co.uk/inkjet-transfer-paper-1-c.asp

Dave271069
07-01-2014, 12:03 PM
If its a trial run and you want to get the contract,STAY AWAY FROM TRANSFER PAPERS, On a black hoodie you need to be looking at transfer from a versacamm or BN-20, I use papers all the time but when i want a good order to come my way then this is your NO1 answer, (trust me) the first thing you want to do is get in contact with SOCIALGIRAFFE OR ROGERC on this forum, get some quotes and you will 99% end up with the contract.

Dave

RogerC
07-01-2014, 01:28 PM
PM sent.
Thanks for the recommendation Dave.

windyash
07-01-2014, 01:50 PM
I was about to contact you Roger :biggrin:

Email sent , thanks guys

DS Designs
07-01-2014, 04:47 PM
Never found a good paper for the versacamm yet for this type of stuff.......I know it's a trial run but personally would go with plastisol transfers

FutureProject
07-01-2014, 05:19 PM
Is there a reliable supplier of plastisol transfers on here? I've been looking for someone for a while but couldn't really find a good UK Supplier.

phoenixalpha
07-01-2014, 05:38 PM
For Plastisol - Contact David Twycross @ Graphiscreen (www.graphiscreen.co.uk) - the guy is absolutely solid and has never let me down.

RogerC
07-01-2014, 07:39 PM
Never found a good paper for the versacamm yet for this type of stuff.......I know it's a trial run but personally would go with plastisol transfers

It's not a paper used on the Versacamm it's a Siser vinyl.......very thin with good stretch qualities and produces a very nice image.

phoenixalpha
07-01-2014, 08:17 PM
Its all much of a muchness really having used both transfer paper (Yolo for me) and Versacamm (and Mimaki) transfer. The Paper transfers are much cheaper but whether or not its acceptable is up to you. The solvent use on the Versacamm/Mimaki makes it a better quality transfer but is in my opinion a lot thicker than the Yolo transfer paper. I use both depending on the quality/price range of the quote. I have paper transfer tshirts that are still going strong (and still look pretty much new) after a year and that's with two or three washes per week - I have plastisol transfers that are going strong for three years with weekly washes as well.

I've used Epson durabright inks with Yolo transfer paper for superior results but its a pain to sit there and cut them individually on a cutter and it takes time and you'd have to draw your own cut path if the file isn't a vector already. If you go plastisol you don't have that issue, but its more expensive and the more colours you use (plastisol being a screen style print - so each colour is individual - your shark would be 5 colour which can be very expensive) and it'd need to be redrawn into a vector to make it all separate colours but its incredible easy to press. The Versacamm/Mimaki solvent print, you'd be getting someone else to do the grunt work with all the weeding done on their side. You could just send them a file - it doesn't matter what colour it is, as they are at least a full colour printer *sometimes 4 colour, 6 colour even up to 8 colour) and they'd do the cut path for you (if they are nice, they might not even charge you for it) and its just like tshirt vinyl to press.

DS Designs
08-01-2014, 04:21 PM
My wrong Roger,I know it's printable vinyl. Yes, I have tried many and currently using siser c-print evolution.......find as all 'vinyls' of this type crack after a while......

RogerC
08-01-2014, 07:55 PM
My wrong Roger,I know it's printable vinyl. Yes, I have tried many and currently using siser c-print evolution.......find as all 'vinyls' of this type crack after a while......

You might like to try C Print PU....it's made for application to, amongst other materials 'Lycra'. The stretchability and shape recovery is pretty amazing compared to other vinyls.

DS Designs
09-01-2014, 09:52 AM
Thanks for the tip, my supplier has that I believe, hows the washability?

RogerC
09-01-2014, 04:01 PM
Thanks for the tip, my supplier has that I believe, hows the washability?

No complaints up to now. A mate of mine had some images put on his lads Motocross shirt and if there were going to be any problems he would have told me. He's come back for other items to have logos pressed onto so it must be OK.

For an honest answer give Grafityp a bell........I found them to be upfront with their information/advice.

DS Designs
09-01-2014, 04:53 PM
ok, that's who I use as they are literally 5 minutes from me...i'll nip down and have a word........cheers again