PDA

View Full Version : transfer printing quote

soulclaimed
09-01-2014, 11:24 PM
I have just been asked to quote for 40 tshirts printed on baby blue with full colour print.

I have quoted £240 which i believe is pretty low as equates to £6 per tshirt however they have asked if i can do it for £200 and have it done by end of next week. I am going to struggle to get it done by then and think at £5 a tshirt that will be possibly too cheap.

the prints will be a4 transfer print on either jet pro soft stretch or 3g jet opaque transfer papers as they have advised they cannot afford to have them printed at.

I am purchasing the tshirts as skye blue fruit of the loom from btc activewear.

do you guys think im asking for too much as i believe £6 per shirt is a pretty reasonable to low price as i have previously quoted a similar volume at 7.22 per shirt however as they were referred by a friend and it is for memorial purposes as they are to be worn at a childs funeral i reduced he quote considerably. I feel bad saying that i think theyre asking for too cheap in their circumstances but i have to make it worth my while aswell...

please let me know what you think

Paul
09-01-2014, 11:46 PM
price is to low.
and i agree that circumstances are very delicate , but lets be blunt for a moment... Do you think funeral service company did the job for half price because of the circumstances?

soulclaimed
10-01-2014, 12:04 AM
thats exactly my thoughts paul i even thought £6 was too low but still gives me a decent margin if i can do in less than 5 hours but £5 per shirt is deffinately too low in my opinion

DS Designs
10-01-2014, 11:36 AM
I'm with Paul on this....Stick to your guns and tell them you can't....Don't be a busy fool and work for nothing

windyash
10-01-2014, 12:07 PM
Yea have to agree , its comes to a point where your working all the time and not actually earning . I made the mistake of helping someone out for a similiar item , and when they wanted some workshirts printed afterwards i quoted them the proper price and they moaned and went elsewhere as I was "earning " too much apparently !!!! Even though the place they went to was £5 a shirt more than me !!!

Renniwano
10-01-2014, 12:25 PM
I agree too.. I used to do a lot of 'reducing' prices to help people out.. and ended up working for nearly nothing. As said, you have already reduced the prices so you need to stick to your guns on this one..

NikGrey
10-01-2014, 01:12 PM
Dont do it, you will get more respect (and money) for sticking to your price.

I take into consideration the cost of materials - times that by 3 and round it up. I am doing jobs for friends and the very lowest I can go is the X3 method - I would rather be doing something else than working for nothing.

Also, someone once said something to me in passing which has stuck with me "You cant set out your stall and then change prices" - once you reduce prices everyone will expect the same and you will not be able to command a profit again as people will think you are marking up prices too much.

A lot of people dont understand the costs involved to us - let alone the work involved in setting each job up.

I would have thought £380 a good price for this job - too late now you have quoted low. prob best not to do it at all in this case, let them find some other mug to work for nothing.

Dave271069
10-01-2014, 11:42 PM
when i started over a year ago, i was selling t-shirts to mates for as little as £5, i wanted to spread my name about as much as i could, this back fired and people knew me as the guy who did CHEAP t-shirts, Late last year i purchased a website and took it over and now i sel t-shirts for £12.50, it was hard to get my mates to buy off me again but im getting new customers all the time now and can even run a January sale for 20% off and im still makeing a nice profit. ive even started seling to a shop and giving him TRADE prices of about £7.

RogerC
11-01-2014, 10:57 AM
Too cheap IMO....as others have said....yes it's a delicate situation but you're not in business to give stuff away. I think your quote is 'compassionate' already.