PDA

View Full Version : adkins or nova tech??

arthur.daley
22-01-2014, 06:59 PM
Hi

Looking to the future ............

Anyone know who makes the swing away presses that nova tech sell? Ther are uk made so that should narrow it down a bit!

Mr nova tech also said that the atkins doesn't open up far enough to print the thick acrlic blocks and some of themetal/wood plaques - anyone have any experience of these presses and pearls to cast before the swi...... hang on thats me - as always all advice and guidence welcome!

Arthurf

GoonerGary
22-01-2014, 07:46 PM
Do you mean Nova Chrome? Which press are you looking at? Those presses are Adkins apart from the A4 press.

pisquee
22-01-2014, 07:55 PM
They also sell a couple of PressMechs which are also UK made

JMugs
23-01-2014, 10:15 AM
The pressmechs open wide enough, Adkins do not.

NikGrey
23-01-2014, 01:59 PM
I know you are talking about a Swing Away, but I decided to see how far my Adkins 400x500mm Auto Clam would open.. just so I know:

http://nikgrey.com/DSF/adkins-opening.jpg

pisquee
23-01-2014, 04:10 PM
Just went and wound our press mech open - got it to about 10cm open and got bored, but reckon it would get to about 15cm - plenty of room for pressing mug bases Nik (if you wanted to do around 12 at a time!)

arthur.daley
23-01-2014, 07:29 PM
Nova tech???? You were of course quite right I meant Nova Chrome.

So question is Pisquee how do you rate the Pressmech press?? Looking at it with an ex engineering eye it looks well designed and substantially built.

Arthur

JMugs
23-01-2014, 08:58 PM
Arthur.daley
I run a large pressmech, it is a hefty bit of kit, simple, heavy engineered, love it. I had it build to order by Dickie after a shed load of homework.

Janners

pisquee
24-01-2014, 12:14 AM
We've had/used presses from Adkins, Jarin, Insta, and PressMech (along with some cheap and expensive Chinese ones). The PressMechs are our favourite and we have two of them. Being able to phone Dickie on his mobile phone for tech support when needing to repair them, and them being easy to take apart and put back together is a major bonus, with him able to walk through how to do it, and fault finding. (Not that they break a lot, but everything breaks and needs repair/servicing at some point.)

arthur.daley
24-01-2014, 03:16 PM
I have just been and looked at the Pressmech site and had a chat with the man himself. I am rather taken with the Bag Press. Bit more money but possible the most versatile press I have seen and given my restricted working space the extra height of the swing away could be a definite advantage. He says they will be at P&P so I will go and have a look.

Thanks for the input folks!

Arthur

pisquee
25-01-2014, 03:12 PM
Yeah, we're very tempted to trade our two original A3+ models in for the big sublimation press he now does.