PDA

View Full Version : Colour on mugs faded in middle

Louise
09-06-2010, 03:29 PM
Well maybe not faded but not the same colour as the rest of the text, it seems to be a different colour than the rest of the mug. Any ideas what Ive done wrong?

Its a text logo mug (just a test one Ive done of my logo) and whilst the text on the back of the mug and at the top and bottom of the front came out ok the larger word in the middle was a lighter colour. Is it pressure or timing I got wrong maybe? Its an adkins single mug press and I did it for 195 seconds at 200 degrees. I did some money boxes before this and they came out just fine, so I know its something I'm doing - oh the joy of being a newbie :lol:

Thanks in advace for any ideas you may supply!

Glen
09-06-2010, 04:45 PM
Hi Louise..any chance you could post a pic as sounds like a pressure issue as the money boxes were ok before it..did you try another mug incase the mug was a little warped..? What i mean by that is have seen a mug bowed in the middle so it was not getting even pressure..

Louise
09-06-2010, 04:59 PM
Thanks Glen, I'll try and get a pic of it after Ive popped to the post office!

Glen
09-06-2010, 05:06 PM
Thanks Glen, I'll try and get a pic of it after Ive popped to the post office!

Not a problem Louise..to be honest it sounded like a blanket problem but when you said the money boxes were ok that counted that out..lol

Louise
09-06-2010, 06:09 PM
Glen, after re-reading your post I had a very close look at the mug and tested it with a metal rule, low and behold at the point its faded the mug goes in :evil: :x So it would seem wonky mugs are to blame!

Thankfully I only ordered 6 to try them, so next time I'll try another supplier. Oh I hate this bit, trying to find a product that gives the end result you want, took me ages all those years ago to get the embroidery mix right of threads and backings, so its second nature now knowing what works and dosnt, all part of the fun I guess!

Anyway thanks for your help diagnosing the trouble!

John G
09-06-2010, 06:14 PM
Does sound like pressure - to help people on here where did you get your wonky mugs from ;)

Cheers John

Louise
09-06-2010, 06:21 PM
Does sound like pressure - to help people on here where did you get your wonky mugs from ;)

Cheers John

Well I'm never one to be backward at telling it how it is, but said company may post here so I dont want to upset anyone. I'll just take it as a lesson learnt and try the BMS ones, people here seem to speak well of those. :)

bms
09-06-2010, 11:29 PM
Are you able to increase the pressure of your mug press to allow your blanket to form into the curve of the mug? Might help make use of what you've got.

Louise
10-06-2010, 09:43 AM
Are you able to increase the pressure of your mug press to allow your blanket to form into the curve of the mug? Might help make use of what you've got.

I can give it a go, not having done this before youre never sure if its ok to do or not. I'll have a play around and just use them to practice with. Thanks.