PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Hello

ChrisW
09-06-2010, 05:32 PM
Hi,

Just a quick introduction.

I casually stumbled across the site when I was looking at porducing a small number of gifts for friends and family, and have found it most interesting. I'd love to get stuck into dye sub printing, but I think the initial investment for the little amount I'd likely be doing now and the future is far too prohibitive. Shame.... I'd love to make a few mugs now...

Anyhow, I'll keep dipping in and out from time to time. I tend to obsess over something until I try it out!

Thanks for providing such information so far.

C

Kaz
09-06-2010, 05:42 PM
Hi Chris and welcome on boad :D

It doesn't need to be overly expensive to get started. You can get a decent A4 sized printer for a few hundred pounds, and a decent mug press for a couple of hundred aswell. And you never know, it might actually lead onto bigger things once you've made some things for the family ;)

ChrisW
09-06-2010, 06:40 PM
Kaz, Thanks very much. I've just restarted drawing a little bit again for my wedding invitations and seeing the design in print has been wonderful. I am sure that it would be very satisfying to see designs on mugs etc.

With moving house, and a wedding coming up this year it is unlikely that I'll get to do anything soon.

That said the seed in the back of my mind is the trip I'll be doing later in the year. We've made a whole bunch of presentation peice wall plaques in the past, Perhaps doing this myself might subsidise getting started. hmmm....

Justin
09-06-2010, 08:40 PM
Hi Chris,

Welcome to the forum, good to meet you ;)

I hope you can get started in sublimation, it can be very rewarding. Frustrating at times but I personally like the challenge :?

Look forward to speaking more with you soon.

Justin
DSF Admin

bms
09-06-2010, 11:24 PM
Welcome along and enjoy the read, for now... ;)