PDA

View Full Version : 2 x Mugs required

ChrisW
09-06-2010, 06:31 PM
Hi,

I've just joined this forum, but have concurrently been looking for a couple of mugs to be printed to replace two from a set of my Fiance's that have been smashed. Each mug had a number of spots (all in the same colour) on. My Fiance has had these mugs for years and has no idea where she got the set from and they bear no identifying features to allow me to purchase replacements and I have searched extensively for them online. This is one of the survivors:

[attachment=0:3rvdfjz9]mug.jpg[/attachment:3rvdfjz9]

I've looked at gift shops etc that do printing, but none seem to offer the sparta style mug the original is in. Promotional websites do but only in bulk numbers.

Can anyone print a couple of these mugs by Fri 18th Jun, please, and if so please let me know your costs? or point me in the direction of someone that can...

I can draw it up in any format you wish. I'm after a red and a yellow mug, although if it is cheap enough I'd look at maybe 2 more like a pink and orange, just to extend the set.

I am mindful of copyright issues, but knowing that these are for our own use to replace existing mugs I hope this isn't a problem? Failing that i'd have to create a suitably differenet arrnagement of coloured spots to use.

Many thanks

Chris

AdamB
09-06-2010, 07:17 PM
Hi Chris - I just saw this post and my initial knee jerk reaction was ................. I am new to this but I reckon I could do it.

Unfortunatly, when I saw that the 'sparta style mug' is required I am afraid that I personally cannot match that mug.

The mugs I use are standard size but I know that our friend over at BMS supply the blank sparta mug so I am sure someone will come to the rescue?

Kindest regards

Adam

JSR
09-06-2010, 07:25 PM
It looks a little like the Sparta mugs that we do:

http://www.mugsandgifts.co.uk/zshop/images/mugsandgifts/sparta_mug.jpg

Not sure if the handle's a little different (looks smaller/less pronounced on yours).

More info: http://www.mugsandgifts.co.uk/zshop/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&keyword=Sparta

We don't do copyright-protected images without permission. It's also unlikely that the colour printed will match the colours of your original mug (colour-matching is always a difficulty with dye-sub).

Let me know if I can help at all, though.

ChrisW
09-06-2010, 08:03 PM
Thanks for all of the help.

To be honest, I am not too bothered about the colour replication as long as I can get a recognisable reddish and yellowish spotted mug. Aside from having nothing to compare it to as the mugs were broken and binned some time ago, I am more bothered about the wow factor when the other half sees that they have magically been reproduced.

bms
09-06-2010, 11:36 PM
Hi Chris,
I'd take JSR up on the offer to print if I were you, but if he's short of Sparta mugs then please pm me - we have several thousand in stock! :) I'm sure one of us on here can sort you out if you've got the artwork done.

JSR
10-06-2010, 12:14 AM
We certainly have enough in stock.

If you want to order, Chris, just follow the link in my previous post. You'd need to supply the design in some fashion, though, otherwise it's all guesswork on our part.

We have a printing slot open on Friday so we can print on Friday and ship on Monday if that's convenient. I've no doubt we can get your mugs to you before your deadline.

If you have any questions, let me know either here, or by PM, or via the contact form on our website. Whichever you choose, it'll come through to me.

ChrisW
10-06-2010, 01:38 PM
JSR,

Great. thanks.

Chris