PDA

View Full Version : post of a good nature

jennywren
31-10-2009, 11:12 PM
If this seem out of order then I'll apologise now, but it sometimes feels like some posts are a pop at other forums and people only in a small way, and the reason this forum was developed was because of discord on the other, it would be a shame but it does make me cringe, which is why I came over to this forum because of the discord on the other forum.

Justin
31-10-2009, 11:19 PM
I agree, no need to apologise. It's important to remain professional about this. Yes, this forum was developed because I wanted an alternative place to develop because the other forum appeared to be no longer functioning.
It's important to note that it was 3 days after I started this forum things started happening over there.

I'm happy for other forums to be mentioned in postings but if I feel that te comments are unfair, unjust or possibly uncalled for I will moderate as I see fit.

I don't want to get into an us and them situation. As far as I'm concerned the other forum still appears not to have changed. Once it does it will be up to members if they wish to stay with both forums. I would have preffered to work with the new owners of the other forum but do not feel this is in the best interest of members. I would also have taken over the running of the forum but received no response.

I'm hoping current members on the DSF will remain loyal to it and that we can attract many more in the future.

Justin :-)

castlegategiftcreations
01-11-2009, 02:51 PM
i am a member of both but personally prefer this one as it is easier to find things. keep up the good work Justin.

By the way - any more on you heading down this way to see about a car? Remember kettle is always on.

Julie-anne

Justin
01-11-2009, 02:58 PM
Thanks Julie-anne.....those biscuits will be going off by now! Still hoping to get down there before too long. Had an email from someone who may be interested and they're actually in Aberdeen, just waiting to hear. I will deffo give you you a shout, be great to meet up!

Justin :-)

Stitch Up
01-11-2009, 03:28 PM
DOWN to Aberdeen!! Geez, it's all uphill from sunny Wales :D

Haven't done the journey since I was a kid and I always remember when we reached the Scottish border, my dad used to say;

"Hooray, we're halfway". I think he was teasing :)

Got a few relics in Aberdeen and Banchory.

purpledragon
03-01-2010, 10:47 AM
DOWN TO Aberdeen
SUNNY Wales
theres some bull spouted in these posts lol
Brett

mrs maggot
03-01-2010, 11:08 AM
jenny wren what a good post, yes it happens, on other forums im on, and as a moderator on those, i normally pm the person and ask them to stop - we have had all out slagging matches before - dreadful.

i think its worth saying the same goes with suppliers, if you ever have a genuine grievance with one, then as long as its objective ie: ive ordered 3 times and each time they sent the wrong stuff - rather than "bunch of tossers" which helps no one. hopefully some more suppliers will come on board, perhaps "off duty" and will be pleased to see constructive critisism