PDA

View Full Version : jinka 24" vinyl cutter..newbie help

grayb
03-02-2014, 12:13 PM
Hi folks

me and partner looking into sub printing (t-shirt etc and mugs) as a small business from home, there is a business package offering all equipment required but unsure on the jinka 24" cutter as having difficulty finding reviews any help for a newbie looking to start out would be greatly appreciated.

many thanks

gray

RogerC
03-02-2014, 07:50 PM
Welcome Gray.............looking around the internet it looks like the Jinka plotter/cutter is a cheap Chinese machine. With this one you will probably find the 'magic eye/laser' is nothing more than an alignment tool which needs manual alignment to enable cutting of your shapes. Some people find this a right pain to set up to get contour cuts of good accuracy which you will need, if not immediately then most certainly in the future if you progress with the printing.
In addition you might find that the software is not compatible with whatever design software you may progress to as you become more proficient with printing.

In the main I would think most on here will concur that buying cheap usually means buying twice. If you can see the set up working that would be helpful. If not then I would suggest you're taking a gamble. Just my 2 pence worth.

grayb
04-02-2014, 10:44 PM
Thank you for your feedback and honest response,i have a meeting/demo with xpres to get some product advice and get a feel for the products available to meet our needs hopefully.

Markie
29-04-2014, 09:42 AM
Hi grayb
I'm a new starter and am just starting to buy bit by bit. It took me ages to decide what printer to purchase there just so much out there. It's even more so with heat press's and cutter/plotters.
I've spent weeks looking through the web and the many brands available most of them being Chineese. I'd rather turn to the experienced that are willing to share their experiences and knowledge on such equipment, I too don't want to buy cheep and it just doesn't last or perform just how I'd like.

so in a nutshell I too am looking for a decant cutter and good software and probs good customer service, at the moment I'm overwhelmed with what's on offer.

help required.

good look mark

RogerC
29-04-2014, 09:43 PM
Markie.....if your budget will run to it the Graphtec CE6000 is an excellent plotter at around £1400....example here.....
http://www.edwardmathias.com/graphtecce.html

Alastair@Xpres
02-05-2014, 05:47 PM
Hello Markie,

If you need any more information just pop me an email or a call and I will be able to run through all of the solutions available.
Thanks and have a great weekend.

NikGrey
03-05-2014, 12:51 AM
Gray, I am also a 'Noob' - Been at it less than a year.

I have always had great dealings with xPress - if they (which they are) willing to offer help then I strongly suggest you take it - listen to what they have to offer as they do have great support.

I was lucky with my plotter, DONT bother with this 'Eye' as it is just a laser which is not worth bothering with.. buy One without, I have the Liyu sc631e and I must confess it is a joy to use.. I use it with 'Flexi 10' which you will have to buy separately but it is about £80 anyway (the Liyu edition).

If I were starting again I would buy the Liyu SC631 (No 'E') - I don't have the need for a Graphtec (yet).

The chap I purchased this from has a really bad rep so I will not point you to him - fortunately I didn't have to ask for support as my machine is excellent, I prefer to use the Liyu than my Cameo even though it is a bit more work.
(I think the person I refer to has 'Signs' in his username on eBay but uses a 'Z' instead of an 'S')

The cutter was about £280 I think - and the software ontop of course but for less than £400 I am very happy. I can cut 600mm width with this.

If I were looking at a machine on offer but found no reviews etc I would forget it - as there is no support.. cheap chinese cr*p.

You are at the start of a steep learning curve and this is the best place to weather out that storm, I have seen lots of people start with cheap gear - only to replace it quickly.

Markie
03-05-2014, 01:33 AM
Hello Markie,

If you need any more information just pop me an email or a call and I will be able to run through all of the solutions available.
Thanks and have a great weekend.
many thanks, have pm'd you with some of my requirements and I look forward to hearing from you.

Markie
03-05-2014, 10:02 AM

I have always had great dealings with xPress - if they (which they are) willing to offer help then I strongly suggest you take it - listen to what they have to offer as they do have great support.

I was lucky with my plotter, DONT bother with this 'Eye' as it is just a laser which is not worth bothering with.. buy One without, I have the Liyu sc631e and I must confess it is a joy to use.. I use it with 'Flexi 10' which you will have to buy separately but it is about £80 anyway (the Liyu edition).

If I were starting again I would buy the Liyu SC631 (No 'E') - I don't have the need for a Graphtec (yet).

The chap I purchased this from has a really bad rep so I will not point you to him - fortunately I didn't have to ask for support as my machine is excellent, I prefer to use the Liyu than my Cameo even though it is a bit more work.
(I think the person I refer to has 'Signs' in his username on eBay but uses a 'Z' instead of an 'S')

The cutter was about £280 I think - and the software ontop of course but for less than £400 I am very happy. I can cut 600mm width with this.

If I were looking at a machine on offer but found no reviews etc I would forget it - as there is no support.. cheap chinese cr*p.

You are at the start of a steep learning curve and this is the best place to weather out that storm, I have seen lots of people start with cheap gear - only to replace it quickly.
Thanks for the info Nikgrey
during my many searches I've come on that model many time, I would have thought due to it's price is was a elcheapo so passed it by on every occasion, is it really that good? I've been looking at Roland and the like.

I've also looked at that ebay seller, very impressive sales I must say on 12000 + feedback. You say they haven't got very good rep. Well that is true to some extent and I've read their support feedback, we do need good support for sure. On 12000+ feedbacks makes you wonder if the very much lower amount of negative feedback (around 20 in 12 month) is worth worrying about, 99.7 on low sales isn't good but on 12000+ ??
however now I have that seed in my head not sure I'd buy from them.....

many thanks

NikGrey
03-05-2014, 03:42 PM
Markie, It's not the feedback - It's other things I have heard along the way from an 'insider'.

However if your in the position to consider Roland and the like then go for it - they will always retain a resale value and you will have support. I bought a few cheapie things at first, glad I did as I am taking more processes seriously now than I had intended at the outset.

Was surprised how well this machine does what I need, it is certainly a good machine to learn with.

Spike1865
05-04-2015, 11:49 AM

Hi Nik. The SC631 (No E) is being offered at £250 including Flexi 10. Would this be a good starting cutter for a new biz? I want to cut most things with it. T-shirts and window signs. Will this tool be good?

NikGrey
05-04-2015, 01:54 PM
I havent checked the market in a while but it certainly does sound good to me.. at £250 for all of that !!