Just as it says

http://www.xpres.co.uk/hot-feb-heat-press-clearance.aspx

Janners

Justin
04-02-2014, 12:22 PM
Well spotted Janners :-)

Andrew
04-02-2014, 12:35 PM
The main press on offer is already out of stock which is a pity.

DS Designs
04-02-2014, 01:15 PM
Been after a decent mug press....cheers for the info :)

arko
04-02-2014, 01:42 PM
Had this today by email from them. Sign up to their news mails and you will never miss another offer!

socialgiraffe
04-02-2014, 02:55 PM
oooh, having given up smoking on January 1st I do have buckets of money to spend :smile:...... tempted,,,, very tempted

Dave271069
04-02-2014, 04:50 PM
I to was considering the double platen heat press but as soon as I received the email I checked and it was out of stock, looks like to me a old marketing trick to get people to there site....:-(

socialgiraffe
04-02-2014, 11:27 PM
Even though it says out of stock has anyone actually telephoned them and said you want one at the special price?

dazzul
05-02-2014, 12:18 AM
Do you think santa starts shopping in feb?

Dear Santa
I have been a very very.......

purpledragon
05-02-2014, 09:10 AM
oooh, having given up smoking on January 1st I do have buckets of money to spend :smile:...... tempted,,,, very tempted
with all the chewing gum you will be going through you cant afford it !

socialgiraffe
05-02-2014, 09:32 AM
Purpledragon, you know me so well :-)

I have just organised a promotion for Elli Ingram which involved 1500 lollipops. I don't know how but when the delivery of lollies arrived from Hancocks there happened to be a box of Jelly Babies in there as well!

purpledragon
05-02-2014, 11:22 AM
Purpledragon, you know me so well :-)

i gave up a few years ago mind you a heart attack at 42 is a pretty good incentive

DS Designs
05-02-2014, 05:19 PM
I called them yesterday about one of their mug presses on offer, they should be in stock friday...maybe the same for the other presses too?

Xpres
10-02-2014, 02:42 PM
Apologies about the twin table press, we sold all of our stock on the first day of the promotion! However, more stock is now available.

Please don't hesitate to call us should you have any questions in the future about stock, our site will only allow a straight 'in stock' or 'out of stock' and won't state when something is on the way.

Twin tables and Mug press 2000s are selling fast, once they are gone they are gone for good!

Dave271069
10-02-2014, 06:26 PM
Apologies about the twin table press, we sold all of our stock on the first day of the promotion! However, more stock is now available.

Please don't hesitate to call us should you have any questions in the future about stock, our site will only allow a straight 'in stock' or 'out of stock' and won't state when something is on the way.

Twin tables and Mug press 2000s are selling fast, once they are gone they are gone for good!

Thanks, nice to see suppliers reading the forums and taking the time to reply...

Alastair@Xpres
13-02-2014, 05:20 PM
Hey guys in terms of the main two presses, the mug press 2000 and the twin table clam, there are plenty more where they came from!
Just let you know, we have more on order at the moment anyway due to popular demand.

If you want to try before you buy we are more than happy for you to pop in, just make sure you let us know beforehand.

Additionally we are running an open house event from the 23rd to 26th, this will be a great time to visit us while printwear and promotion is on so close by

Andrew
13-02-2014, 08:06 PM
Hey guys in terms of the main two presses, the mug press 2000 and the twin table clam, there are plenty more where they came from!
Just let you know, we have more on order at the moment anyway due to popular demand.

If you want to try before you buy we are more than happy for you to pop in, just make sure you let us know beforehand.

Additionally we are running an open house event from the 23rd to 26th, this will be a great time to visit us while printwear and promotion is on so close by

I noticed that Xpres didn't seem to be at P+P. That seems to be a risky ploy running your own open doors event at the same time.

Justin
13-02-2014, 08:10 PM
There seem to be a few of the larger companies moving away from the show now and running open days/road shows etc. Xpres is a great place to visit, no doubt better still now they have their demo studio all set up. I guess they're hoping people will nip down the road after the show to visit as it's not far at all.

socialgiraffe
13-02-2014, 11:46 PM

What is your address Alastair and also the opening/closing times of your open day, I may pop along if its not far.

Alastair@Xpres
14-02-2014, 08:49 AM
Hello, our address is shown below, the open day is running from 10am - 5pm, Sunday 23rd - Wed 26th. Hope to see you there :)

Xpres, Oakridge Park, Trent Lane
Castle Donington, Derby DE74 2PY

Xpres
14-02-2014, 11:59 AM
Andrew has a point, our move not to exhibit at trade shows could be viewed as risky. However, we feel we can serve our customers (and prospective customers) far better in our own dedicated Inspiration Suite. Parking is free, hot and cold drinks will be flowing all day and most importantly, our entire team will be on hand to ensure everybody receives the time and care they deserve - it's simply not possible at a trade show. Rather than seeing a snippet of our range at a show, people should be able to see EVERYTHING...and not feel hurried!

In addition to the upcoming open house event, we will also be running focussed open days throughout the year. These events will involve industry experts, our suppliers and also our knowledgeable team. It's not just a 'come in and buy some product', we genuinely want to help everyone grow their businesses - all will be revealed when everything is finalised. Details to come very soon!

Xpres
14-02-2014, 12:03 PM
There seem to be a few of the larger companies moving away from the show now and running open days/road shows etc. Xpres is a great place to visit, no doubt better still now they have their demo studio all set up. I guess they're hoping people will nip down the road after the show to visit as it's not far at all.

Funnily enough, we had not planned to run an open house whilst other shows are running. However, we met a very high demand from customers wanting to pop in before/after P+P. Our customers spoke up, we listened and delivered :smile:

socialgiraffe
14-02-2014, 12:30 PM
Not ignoring the fact Alastair that it is also considerably cheaper than exhibiting :-)

While I do appreciate that it is better to visit the various showrooms of all my suppliers, it simply is not practical, I am a one guy company and really busy like many of us on here, taking a day out to drive to wherever is a pain, there is not only the time factor but also the financial cost of travel to take into consideration. Take the following example...

Travel to and from my office to Xpress 2 hours approx each way
Estimated fuel costs £37 (according to Google)
Time at premises 1 hour

So if I paid myself £6.00 per hour then to go and see you is going to cost me £67.00 minimum

I work with about 5 very regular suppliers, most of which are further than you. But if I took you as a benchmark then to visit each one will cost me at least £300.00 which based on £6.00 per hour is 50 hours work I will essentially be doing for free to get my money back. Slightly skewing the point here I know, but I am sure you catch my drift. That is why we have exhibitions as I can visit all my suppliers PLUS see some potential suppliers all in one day (not ignoring that I can visit on a Sunday which helps me).

I note that you are opening on Sunday which is a bonus, but lets be honest, that is not the norm and I congratulate you for it. I really want to talk to Xpres about a couple of things/ideas and will probably pop into the showroom, but it is worth noting the above if you want to help us grow our business as you need to be where we are going to be :-)

Not a dig Alastair and the really great thing about this forum is the ability to talk to our suppliers direct and they have the chance to respond to all of us which I am sure everyone on here appreciates.

Andrew
14-02-2014, 01:08 PM
Andrew has a point, our move not to exhibit at trade shows could be viewed as risky. However, we feel we can serve our customers (and prospective customers) far better in our own dedicated Inspiration Suite. Parking is free, hot and cold drinks will be flowing all day and most importantly, our entire team will be on hand to ensure everybody receives the time and care they deserve - it's simply not possible at a trade show. Rather than seeing a snippet of our range at a show, people should be able to see EVERYTHING...and not feel hurried!

In addition to the upcoming open house event, we will also be running focussed open days throughout the year. These events will involve industry experts, our suppliers and also our knowledgeable team. It's not just a 'come in and buy some product', we genuinely want to help everyone grow their businesses - all will be revealed when everything is finalised. Details to come very soon!

I do think it's a pity you are not at P&P even if it were a smaller stand. You could just be exhibiting what is new and a basic range for newbies. Most people who visit are either start-ups or people/businesses that are just looking for what might be the next thing. Over the last 5 years + that I have been to the show there seems to be a little less there every year and I only go now just in case I miss something. 2 1/2 hours either way and I don't fancy adding on an extra 2 hour round trip to have a quick look at Xpres in case you have anything I might have missed in the past.

socialgiraffe
14-02-2014, 01:12 PM
Andrew, what day are you going?

Dave271069
14-02-2014, 10:02 PM
Not ignoring the fact Alastair that it is also considerably cheaper than exhibiting :-)

While I do appreciate that it is better to visit the various showrooms of all my suppliers, it simply is not practical, I am a one guy company and really busy like many of us on here, taking a day out to drive to wherever is a pain, there is not only the time factor but also the financial cost of travel to take into consideration. Take the following example...

Travel to and from my office to Xpress 2 hours approx each way
Estimated fuel costs £37 (according to Google)
Time at premises 1 hour

So if I paid myself £6.00 per hour then to go and see you is going to cost me £67.00 minimum

I work with about 5 very regular suppliers, most of which are further than you. But if I took you as a benchmark then to visit each one will cost me at least £300.00 which based on £6.00 per hour is 50 hours work I will essentially be doing for free to get my money back. Slightly skewing the point here I know, but I am sure you catch my drift. That is why we have exhibitions as I can visit all my suppliers PLUS see some potential suppliers all in one day (not ignoring that I can visit on a Sunday which helps me).

I note that you are opening on Sunday which is a bonus, but lets be honest, that is not the norm and I congratulate you for it. I really want to talk to Xpres about a couple of things/ideas and will probably pop into the showroom, but it is worth noting the above if you want to help us grow our business as you need to be where we are going to be :-)

Not a dig Alastair and the really great thing about this forum is the ability to talk to our suppliers direct and they have the chance to respond to all of us which I am sure everyone on here appreciates.

Simon did you work out the cost it must of took you to work out these figures ;-)

Karen.
17-02-2014, 01:31 PM
Xpres is not far from me at all, but as we are attending the P&P show for two days (the Sunday and the Tuesday) I very much doubt we will have time to pop up to Xpres at all. I will have work to catch up with on the Monday and Wednesday and can't afford three days away from work in a week. I have appointments booked on the Monday and Wednesday, but may try to get up there round them if possible. It is a shame that they will not be at the show though.

Andrew
17-02-2014, 04:17 PM
Andrew, what day are you going?

I am heading up on the Tuesday...... looks like I will miss most as Sunday seems to be the popular option.

TMT will have a new mug there for white toner printer I believe so interested in seeing that.

socialgiraffe
17-02-2014, 04:27 PM
TMT will have a new mug there for white toner printer I believe so interested in seeing that.

Yep, they emailed an image through the other day. It does look pretty nice.

logobear
17-02-2014, 04:49 PM
I agree, I find it difficult to use a supplier that I cannot meet up with, used to be via reps on the road, now a trade show is perfect, but actually visiting a supplier hours away ....... doubt it!