PDA

View Full Version : Taken the plunge...

gstk
10-06-2010, 06:54 PM
Just taken delivery of a Ricoh 3300n today to replace a disaster of a D120 (Dont even ask or mention it) which in turn replaced and excellent D88 (great printer)

Anyway even after having a massive distrust of cartridges with a chip in I decided that I couldnt justify another epson as the D120 didnt last 6 months. So we have plumped for the Ricoh. Got to say first impressions were good, set up was painless compared to Ciss systems. In go the cartridges and then the system primes. This brings all the cartridges down to HALF FULL. Immediately that has made the investment another £120 more expensive. Today testing it out in conjunction with the d120 in its last gasps, we printed 46 mousemats and 10 mugs. The cartridges are now showing the last bar on the display. Now question is how much has the priming taken and what does it cost per print. I have been given the blurb by the seller about costs etc but I would prefer real people on the ground's view.

Has anyone acurately costed these. I have a feeling I may have to put some prices up.

Thanks

bms
10-06-2010, 07:53 PM
Hi Tony,
The GXe3300 takes 29ml cartridges and at around £40 +vat a cartridge (a full set should be a little cheaper) the cost per ml is £1.38. Compared to the Epson Easyflow the inks cost £50 +vat for 125ml, i.e. £0.40. So the cost per print is going to be more expensive - the benefit however should be the lack of (or reduced) head cleans. The tubes probably take up around 15-20ml of the ink - so it's in the system, but the cartridges need replacing quickly the first time around.

gstk
10-06-2010, 08:03 PM
Hi Tony,
The GXe3300 takes 29ml cartridges and at around £40 +vat a cartridge (a full set should be a little cheaper) the cost per ml is £1.38. Compared to the Epson Easyflow the inks cost £50 +vat for 125ml, i.e. £0.40. So the cost per print is going to be more expensive - the benefit however should be the lack of (or reduced) head cleans. The tubes probably take up around 15-20ml of the ink - so it's in the system, but the cartridges need replacing quickly the first time around.

Thanks Martin.

John G
10-06-2010, 10:18 PM
No mess, no hassle, no, or very few, head cleans, prints that are instantly dry - what more could you ask for, worth it i's say for the extra cost.

I'm basing this on owning a 5050n and never having an epson but reading of plenty of problems from people that have had epsons with CISS.

Cheers John