PDA

View Full Version : Rumour of DTG on dark WITHOUT need to pre treat ?

logobear
11-02-2014, 01:44 PM
I have been getting the impression that a number of dtg manufacturers are hinting that a solution has been found to the pre-treatment issue.
Currently, dark garments must be sprayed, or put through a pre treatment machine prior to the white base layer printing, and this additional process, - and specifically the additional space required have put me off.
Could this be true, full colour on darks without pre treatment ?
Any thoughts.....

Justin
11-02-2014, 02:28 PM
Yes, they're calling it Screen Printing! Lol. Seriously, this would be a great leap forward, not heard anything though.

JMugs
11-02-2014, 10:44 PM
The concept isn't alien.....I am sure I read an update somewhere, but didn't take much notice as it's not my thing. Now the question is what was I reading?
Janners.

Justin
11-02-2014, 10:54 PM
Am I right in thinking you can buy pre-treated shirts now?

logobear
11-02-2014, 11:27 PM
I have seen pre treated shirts advertised somewhere, 2 month shelf life bagged I think,
Alternative is a treated paper that you heat press onto the required area of garment prior to dtg....
Any DTG users got experience to share?

socialgiraffe
12-02-2014, 10:07 AM
Ralawise announced sometime ago that they are going to sell pretreated garments, not sure if they are now supplying or not, but they definitely announced it. I keep getting emails from YES saying that DTG is going to change forever at P&P. I have presumed that this was just typical marketing hype but who knows, maybe they are bringing out a non pretreat machine.

(not that I would by a DTG from YES after the last one I had from them...!)

Stitch Up
19-03-2014, 09:33 AM
I think for every new development e.g. DTG without pre-treatment, there's usually a trade-off! Perhaps the white underbase isn't bright. Of course it'll happen but the early days are always a compromise.

It's sad to say, I never hear anything good said about YES by their DTG customers, in fact I've heard some real horror stories from their customers. DTG is not for the faint hearted, you have to be confident of your machine, how it works and not be afraid to take it apart. Most of all though, you need a solid support structure from the distributor, without it, DTG can be a nightmare.

Yes, Ralawise do sell pre-treated shirts BUT, learn to do it properly yourself, you'll make lots of mistakes like I have, but you will get it right.