PDA

View Full Version : Import duty on transfers from the States?

Limara
24-02-2014, 07:18 PM
Any one got any experience of importing ready made transfers direct from Art Brands, I have seen were some people have said they are free of duty and others have said they are classed as the completed garment, which would mean a massive difference in tax.

Justin
24-02-2014, 07:42 PM
I used to double the initial transfer price and this covered all taxes, vat, shipping etc.

Dave271069
24-02-2014, 08:08 PM
or go through a uk distributer, http://www.thetransferpress.co.uk/acatalog/art-brands.html

bigj2552
24-02-2014, 09:08 PM
I used to double the initial transfer price and this covered all taxes, vat, shipping etc.

i tried to but direct from art brands and was told i could ONLY buy through transfer press site :rolleyes:

personally, i dont like the site as it used to, prob still has, FORCE you to give them your card details to keep on record for any purchases you made through there site.

unless they have come up to the 21st century with there payment details/access :rolleyes: - aint used em for over 1.5yr so.....

Limara
25-02-2014, 01:36 AM
Thanks Justin,

bigj2552 Art brands do have details for international customers so I assumed they would deal direct, they do have a 200$ first order but a lot of the designs I want are retired ones, so very cheap and I doubt I would be able to get them through the transfer press and who still don't appear to have online ordering its put me off using them,and the transfers appear to be ordered by filling in a excell sheet.
The import duty seems to be very hit and miss on these after all they are a paper item which should be exempt from import duty, I dont want to do it direct then get a shock.

bigj2552
25-02-2014, 05:16 PM
Thanks Justin,

bigj2552 Art brands do have details for international customers so I assumed they would deal direct, they do have a 200$ first order but a lot of the designs I want are retired ones, so very cheap and I doubt I would be able to get them through the transfer press and who still don't appear to have online ordering its put me off using them,and the transfers appear to be ordered by filling in a excell sheet.
The import duty seems to be very hit and miss on these after all they are a paper item which should be exempt from import duty, I dont want to do it direct then get a shock.

hiya, the MOQ would not be a prob, but getting redirected to transfer press is.....and you say, they STILL aint got online ordering ? 2014 i think someone is lagging way behind in the E-commerce field :rolleyes:
dont think they take paypal either if i remember - you HAVE to give em card details to put on file, others on here have used them for yrs, but i just dont like joe bloggs with my card details sitting on someone machine with god knows who has access to it...sorry but just me, and i said the same thing about 2 yr ago as well :rolleyes:

yeh it was the retired one i was looking at at the time as well