PDA

View Full Version : spelling

jennywren
14-06-2010, 08:31 PM
All I had to to do ten coaster with image and write Beddington Inn, beautful colours image in middle but did'nt notice I wrote Bedddington Inn. We check four times and we always check after first coaster for spelling and errors. How do they slip by :oops: . Customer happy he getting 10 new coaster and I gave the the 3D :lol: I'm so glad that they were'nt mugs got enough of my mistake from the early days, (Have you notice they never break ) Still not as bad as my friend engraved 3 p in happy and they have more checks than us, exensive mistake for them it was on 40 hip flask. :roll: Am I the only one :?:

Paul
14-06-2010, 09:42 PM
soooo manyyyyy times I forgot mirror my image.... :P
couple of times I printed some pets up side down on the mug too :D

Justin
14-06-2010, 10:36 PM
Did a large batch of t-shirts last year using digital transfers. It was for a charity walk, a little boy had died. His name was Marc but I never checked the spelling and assumed it was Mark, customer had mentioned this.......Had to make a small vinyl overlay to cover it up. Worked a treat but I felt a fool and had to reduce the costs!

JSR
15-06-2010, 12:20 AM
This is one of the reasons why I prefer to get the customer to supply their own design.

If I'm modifying their design or adding to it or creating one myself, I always email a sample picture to the customer for approval before I begin.

In the instance of an order that could result in a costly mistake (such as a bunch of mugs), I always send the first printed mug to the customer to approve before I continue. Yes, it does cost an extra couple of quid in postage, but I'd rather pay a couple of quid than risk much, much more.

jennywren
15-06-2010, 12:35 AM
I did email it but I still added a extra d, and still got it wrong

JSR
15-06-2010, 12:56 AM
I did email it but I still added a extra d, and still got it wrong
So did they approve it with the extra "d" in it, or did you change it after they approved it?

chongsta
15-06-2010, 03:14 PM
Ive just done 5000 flyers and spelt "Discount" wrong!..."Dicount" :(

Luckily the customer saw the funnt side and still accepted them, although he did sign off the proof, none of us noticed until a 3rd party pointed it out.

And I ve lost count of how many mug designs ive printed upside down :(

Dvae ;)

NASH
15-06-2010, 05:32 PM
i`ve spelt farther many times instead of father

jennywren
16-06-2010, 08:02 AM
I sent it with two d's but for some unkown reason when I went to press them I added another d. How bizarre is that. Must have had a mind meld.