PDA

View Full Version : Mug Press Vs Vacuum Press

Glen Print
04-03-2014, 11:29 PM
Hello all.
Is the vacuum press a better overall investment, given that it will do a lot more than just mugs, than buying a mug press?
I have two mug presses that need blankets replacing, and I want to start printing 3d phone covers,
so it seems to me that the vacuum press may be just the job.
If that is the case, which one do I go for???
There seems to be quite a bit of chat, both good and bad, about an assortment of these. So I'm a bit uncertain about which is best.:confused:

Help appreciated.
Martin

kasoaparte
19-03-2014, 10:41 AM
Hi Martin

We just bought a Vacuum Press; waiting to be delivered.
As soon as we do a test we will upload some pictures.
We decide to buy it after reading several good feedback coments; and of course for the good price and the possibility of sublimate 12 mugs at the same time :-)

Lets see if somebody that already has one can leave a comment.

Regards from Spain.

Ucase Ltd
19-03-2014, 12:36 PM
Hi,

I have one but have only printed phone cases. It took some time to get the right time & temp (as it is nothing like the manufacturer suggested) but the results in the end are pretty good.

Here's an example.

kasoaparte
19-03-2014, 12:40 PM
Ey guys, just found this interesting thread; just in case you both havent visited yet..

http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum/showthread.php?6897-3D-sublmation-Machine-Review

Glen Print
19-03-2014, 06:08 PM
Hello to all in Spain.
Many thanks for that. I too am thinking that in the busy season the ability to print 12 mugs at one time would be a great advantage.
I wonder just how long the process takes. Good luck with your purchase.
Martin

Glen Print
19-03-2014, 06:10 PM
Hi Ucase.
They look great. Where did you get your vacuum press?
Martin

kasoaparte
19-03-2014, 06:15 PM
Ey Martin,

Do you know this youtube channel? They are the company i have chosen to buy my equipment. They have more than a hundred of video tutorials. Hope its useful to you.
Regards
https://www.youtube.com/user/bestsubtv/videos

Hello to all in Spain.
Many thanks for that. I too am thinking that in the busy season the ability to print 12 mugs at one time would be a great advantage.
I wonder just how long the process takes. Good luck with your purchase.
Martin

Ucase Ltd
21-03-2014, 10:26 AM
Hi Martin,

Hi Ucase.
They look great. Where did you get your vacuum press?
Martin

Thanks very much! I had positive feedback from friends and family but it's means a lot to hear from someone in the trade :)

My press came from szmicrotec in China. It was my first time importing so it was a learning curve but they have 10 years as a gold supplier on alibaba and I researched as much as possible. I believe there are 2-3 versions of this machine. Mine is the ST3042.

Cheers,
John.

kasoaparte
21-03-2014, 11:20 AM
Ey Ucase

That one is what i bought, i will have it at home next week.
By the way, can you tell us the rest of the equipment you have used? Printer, ink, paper.... What about time and temperature?
Thanks a lot, greetings from Spain!

Ucase Ltd
21-03-2014, 11:34 AM
No Problem,

Ey Ucase

That one is what i bought, i will have it at home next week.
By the way, can you tell us the rest of the equipment you have used? Printer, ink, paper.... What about time and temperature?
Thanks a lot, greetings from Spain!

I'm using:
Powerdriver v.4 (latest one from Sawgrass website)
Ricoh 3110DN
3D Heatpress (model ST3042)
Gold Polijet film - 180microns
Photoshop CC with standard powerdriver settings (as instructions on sawgrass PDF)
Ambient temperature of 22 degrees C

1) Once image is printed onto gold film I dry it for 3 minutes, (I stick it next to the air-con fan but this may be overboard).
2) Pre-heat puck to 170c

3) Place case onto puck
4) Position case/puck onto film
5) Place sheet of grease-proof paper the same size as face of case (too big and it will imprint on your corners), on top of film (gold side).
6) Heat in 3d Vacuum press at 170c for 10 minutes.

If you use paper the time and temperature will be different.